Coventry 1882

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know about 'shit eating grin,' but this is my face
14c0aafb67ceae706e3e3da84189543a.jpeg
Ah OK, nah, this lad was definately rooted from further east, maybe the row behind you then. I saw you though, I was across the stairs from you. #mrstalky

you mean a chinese lad? may have been me. i was sat row 16 about 3 seats from the end and remember giggling uncontrollably at that moment :adelol:

I
Just to counteract some of the things that have been said about ST holders in that area getting the hump.

There was a fella a couple of seats to my right who had a walking stick and he kept waving it about when we scored (the walking stick, I mean), he was proper loving it, getting right into the singing and that.

Pretty sure he used to be there when I had my ST around that area, so I'm sure he's a regular in that block and he didn't seem to mind.

I've been a st holder in block30 for years, but unfortunately i couldnt make it yesterday as Im in Thailand. I would say most people in block30 are a good bunch and are among the most vocal in the ground. I'm a loud fucker in row 3 who's 6ft6 and i've never had a complaint from anyone about standing, swearing or singing.

There were a couple of moaners next to me who didn't understand why we were singing various chants which weren't like the norm. They do make me laugh though.... The same goes for the Bricklayers with the guys who sing on that elevated area inside. All they seem to sing about is Wenger being a Peado, Van Persie or something else to do with the scum! Oh and Judas Campbell. Give it up guys!!! Sing about Spurs FFS!!! I hate the scum as much as anyone else but it's all a bit boring concentrating on them every time! Oh and John Terry... he has nothing Ledley so let's sing about Ledley and not that mug. I think that's the last time go there TBH. I only went in there on Saturday to give the GF a bit of an experience of a Spurs pub.

1882 wise, we had lots of fun. I think we were a couple of rows behind Flav and Thelonious as I got a face full of confetti at kick off and thought I noticed you guys singing loud and proud.
Lots of good new chants as well. The BAE is brilliant!

There were a couple of moaners next to me who didn't understand why we were singing various chants which weren't like the norm. They do make me laugh though.... The same goes for the Bricklayers with the guys who sing on that elevated area inside. All they seem to sing about is Wenger being a Peado, Van Persie or something else to do with the scum! Oh and Judas Campbell. Give it up guys!!! Sing about Spurs FFS!!! I hate the scum as much as anyone else but it's all a bit boring concentrating on them every time! Oh and John Terry... he has nothing Ledley so let's sing about Ledley and not that mug. I think that's the last time go there TBH. I only went in there on Saturday to give the GF a bit of an experience of a Spurs pub.

1882 wise, we had lots of fun. I think we were a couple of rows behind Flav and Thelonious as I got a face full of confetti at kick off and thought I noticed you guys singing loud and proud.
Of course Ledley is better than Terry. He's miles better. Why is Terry being used as a measuring stick as if anyone could even entertain the notion of him being better than Ledley?

There were a couple of moaners next to me who didn't understand why we were singing various chants which weren't like the norm. They do make me laugh though.... The same goes for the Bricklayers with the guys who sing on that elevated area inside. All they seem to sing about is Wenger being a Peado, Van Persie or something else to do with the scum! Oh and Judas Campbell. Give it up guys!!! Sing about Spurs FFS!!! I hate the scum as much as anyone else but it's all a bit boring concentrating on them every time! Oh and John Terry... he has nothing Ledley so let's sing about Ledley and not that mug

Couldn't agree more, it's like you read my mind!
...which is precisely why I'll keep plugging away with my God Save The KING song! Not a mention of Terry or Campbell anywhere in that little number!

Oh, and re: confetti, has anyone got any pics of it all going up? I'd like to think my handiwork, not to mention an hour of my life on Friday snipping the fucking stuff up is captured somewhere for posterity! Which is precisely where I hid it all.... right up my posterity! I've been shitting confetti for 2 days, who knew you could get it that far up? Sorry if it hit anyone in the face!!!!

Good work 1882 folks. I got in the Bricklayers for one (cos' im tardy and owe lots of people beer) and was a couple of blocks away (cos' im tardy at ordering tickets). Tough to compete with 5000 away fans having their day but you did a top job. Sadly, the singing failed to catch on much to your right. No moaners in our bit but no real enthusiasm either.

Me and my mate did have a sing-off against various midland/northern fans in the pubs later. I think we won. And if we didn't, at least West Brom now know who Nicola Berti is.

Who's he?
That's a fairly (if jokingly used) pertinent question.... With 2 blocks populated with I'd say 75% 1882'ers, 25% didn't have a clue what half of the songs were about.

This is why I still maintain that a random bunch of 500 turning up to a youth game will always beat a group of the same number dispersed within a crowd.

That's a fairly (if jokingly used) pertinent question.... With 2 blocks populated with I'd say 75% 1882'ers, 25% didn't have a clue what half of the songs were about.

This is why I still maintain that a random bunch of 500 turning up to a youth game will always beat a group of the same number dispersed within a crowd.
Only in the short term:sandro:

you mean a chinese lad? may have been me. i was sat row 16 about 3 seats from the end and remember giggling uncontrollably at that moment :adelol:

Hahaha YES I remember that, everyone was cracking up.. I was stood directly to to your left mate! We nearly got the Moussa Dembele/Better than Pele tune going.

I think you lot did well on Saturday. I have an ST in the Paxton; from up there I couldn't always hear you but I could tell something was going on down there for most of the game. A shame it didn't spread to more of the ground, Paxton was quiet as usual although better than for the Reading game. Second half was quieter but not a surprise really as neither team was really going for it, both seemed to be happy enough for the game to end 3-0.

I think from a noise perspective, it was a shame that you lot weren't next to the Spurs fans who were in the Park Lane where the away fans normally are. Obviously they are the other vocal group in the stadium and if you weren't separated by the away fans it would have been more noisy all round. But I think it would have been less fun for you lot, as you wouldn't have been able to have the banter with the away fans.

Those comments from the Coventry fans alone show that 1882 is worthwhile, it's great to see away fans saying something good about the atmosphere at WHL.

Me and my mates were sitting in the West stand (late on the tickets and only place I could get 4 together) towards Paxton, but I thought you lot were good. Not sure how people nearby couldn't really hear you when you sounded fairly loud to me. The Coventry fans were good too.

Please DO NOT GIVE UP the fight! So sad to read about people moaning. Moaning about SINGING AT A FOOTBALL MATCH?! Fuck off and watch it on a live stream then you twat! And have a soul searching talk with a Live Jasmin girl when she pops up half way through the first half and see if you can work out when it was that you lost your love for real football.

I cannot wait for the next 1882 event as it will be my first time (virgin :garydoc: ). Guess we won't be able to do it in the next round of the FA Cup. Lyon @ home?

Back
Top Bottom