Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I imagine what this great dane could accomplish with a decent midfield around him and a proper system...then I wake up.
Pure quality. Around the 75th he put in some beatiful piece of skill at the edge of the box, if he would have been South American sky would have wanked to death about him.

Haha, Eriksen interviewed for Danish television.

"Yeah, I did hit it with my arm, I think that's clear if you watch my reaction afterwards".

- So that's a confession?
"Yeah well, I confess that the referee was too kind" :eriksenlol::eriksenserious:

errrik sen sen sen <3

think he read this thread

love him, looking more composed on the ball, more elusive etc.

though when he gets a corner/long range FK I'm like
jacksonPulp.jpg

"Hit the first man again, hit the first man again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, hit the first man one more Goddamn time!"

Player of the Season for me.

The pace he gets on the ball is ridiculous. His first free kick was impossible to defend against. It was at Paulinho's foot before anyone had even moved.

He is pretty clearly our best player. He has the brightest future of anyone on the pitch today. I think he does need to work on his simple passing. He often misses some very simple passes. I haven't seen it mentioned, but has anyone else noticed this?

He is pretty clearly our best player. He has the brightest future of anyone on the pitch today. I think he does need to work on his simple passing. He often misses some very simple passes. I haven't seen it mentioned, but has anyone else noticed this?
Nope, haven't noticed that.

If he makes the ambitious and important passes though then I could care less. We've had enough of players feeding each other short and simple passes; Eriksen delivering the ball into space in ambitious passing attempts has been a revelation.

I haven't noticed this, but I have noticed that he isn't particularly quick. He's absolutely still one of our best players (I think Lloris might be better, but it's really impossible to compare).

I don't think it's necessarily a lack of passing talent, but rather somewhat closer to what VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur said. He's aggressive, and loves to try out unusual methods past a defense. However, I think you're right to an extent in that some of his touches could use a bit more fine tuning in that he hasn't fully adapted to the Prem as of yet. The lad's utter quality and has managed to overcome, but there are still some rather fine tweaks to his game he has yet to address, and these will come with time. This boy will be top shelf reserve by the time he's hit the usual peak years with a few more things hit on.

Nope, haven't noticed that.

If he makes the ambitious and important passes though then I could care less. We've had enough of players feeding each other short and simple passes; Eriksen delivering the ball into space in ambitious passing attempts has been a revelation.

He has lost possession a few times, I've noticed it in multiple games. I think it is more mental lapses then anything. And yes, his consistent penetrating through balls are amazing.

13 goals? I think it's 7 in the league and 3 in other competitions (according to memory and the spurs official website) + 10 assists. He's still brilliant

Back
Top Bottom