Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I were to guess right now, he'd leave in the summer of 2016 after Barca's transfer ban is over. Gives him plenty of time to develop in the Prem into the player he wants to become and a European superstar, and then make his big move to Barca. By that point, he'd be extremely valuable due to his youth and experience. Xavi and possibly Iniesta would have moved on or seen their playing time significantly dwindle by then, so it'd be a great time for him to move in to cut out his niche in their midfield.

It's rather apparent that his plan has included setting himself up to get maximum playing time at any move he makes, and to slot right in to the starting eleven. I think this is a major part of why he told City no, as I'm sure he looked at their midfield and thought his chances of immediately starting were next to none. I feel quite confident he will not leave us until he is certain he can slot right in to Barca's midfield.

Last edited:
But we are not in the business of selling our best players. We`re just not. We are trying to build a team to challenge for onours and to do that we need to keep our top players. Daniel Levy said so himself when he was interviewed on SSN two years ago. I watched it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears. Its definately 100% what he said

But we are not in the business of selling our best players. We`re just not.
:leaveityeah:

article-2606930-1D28387400000578-99_634x416.jpg

I don't think anyone should worry about him leaving this summer. He's not been killer for a whole season, maybe not even a half. No where near team/player of the year. He's not unproven, but he still needs to prove himself more. Spurs would be the best place to do that.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, he will stay at least one more season. Pbb even two. Assume his goal is to arrive as a big name at Barca. He renew his contract with Ajax so we could make some money. He could have been a free agent when he went to Tottenham

Guy has class, is very serious and strategic on and off pitch. His career path explains all

I realized that Eriksen has only 2 less assists than Gerrard, but I didn't realize he's played almost 1,000 minutes less. Holy shit that's impressive!

Last edited:
Why does everyone want Eriksen so badly? He's not the player everyone thinks he is. He has been shit for Denmark for awhile now and has been outshone by Siem De Jong and Viktor Fischer at Ajax. He's definitely not progressing as everyone thought he would've. If we have the money than Willian would be a much better buy.
It's so fun reading post like this now. Not digging at TDub, he was far from the only one doubting.. But it just really shows how much we as fans think we know, but really don't.

Any new (hopefully) manager will build the team around Eriksen. If Enic are serious (I think they are) about pushing/challenging, not only for consistent CL qualification, but a possible PL title challenge, then we will keep the likes of Eriksen and add to his level of quality. It did not work out that way this season, but the intent was there/shown. Is being shown! State of the art training facilities, along with the proposed new stadium. I,m glass half full!! Because this, plus the reinvestment of the Bale money, agreed 50% of it (Baldini twat) in hindsight has proven to be "questionable" is why I chose to believe that the intent is there and will see us achieve (learning by the past fiasco) what we set out to last (13/14) season, next season! But for me, we have to recruit a manager that knows this league! We buy out and offer Martinez and into the dream. Build it and he will come! Or if the rumours regarding Ancelotti carry any weight, then we do all we can to bring him to The Lane! Failing on the previous, we target Pochettino. Anyone of these, for me far outweigh the "risk" of a de boer, LvG even!! Tried and tested managers with EPL experience/credentials!

DL. If you wanted a head of carpet cleaning brought in to your company and had the choice of Alan from axminster or Ronnie from Rugs r Us. Who would you employ????

Its almost half past 5am. Fuck knows what those last couple of lines were about. But you get what I mean. No?

Any new (hopefully) manager will build the team around Eriksen. If Enic are serious (I think they are) about pushing/challenging, not only for consistent CL qualification, but a possible PL title challenge, then we will keep the likes of Eriksen and add to his level of quality. It did not work out that way this season, but the intent was there/shown. Is being shown! State of the art training facilities, along with the proposed new stadium. I,m glass half full!! Because this, plus the reinvestment of the Bale money, agreed 50% of it (Baldini twat) in hindsight has proven to be "questionable" is why I chose to believe that the intent is there and will see us achieve (learning by the past fiasco) what we set out to last (13/14) season, next season! But for me, we have to recruit a manager that knows this league! We buy out and offer Martinez and into the dream. Build it and he will come! Or if the rumours regarding Ancelotti carry any weight, then we do all we can to bring him to The Lane! Failing on the previous, we target Pochettino. Anyone of these, for me far outweigh the "risk" of a de boer, LvG even!! Tried and tested managers with EPL experience/credentials!

DL. If you wanted a head of carpet cleaning brought in to your company and had the choice of Alan from axminster or Ronnie from Rugs r Us. Who would you employ????

Its almost half past 5am. Fuck knows what those last couple of lines were about. But you get what I mean. No?

No.

What I took from that is you either expect us to sign managers who don't want to come to us, or you'd prefer a mid-table manager over a four times league winning manager who knows half our first team on a personal level.

Eriksen (especially),Adebayor,Paulinho,Walker,Vertonghen,, was the best players from the squad this season... Tottenham must keep these players for the next season,to do something (like target) for one of the Champions League places.

Eriksen (especially),Adebayor,Paulinho,Walker,Vertonghen,, was the best players from the squad this season... Tottenham must keep these players for the next season,to do something (like target) for one of the Champions League places.

Walker? You sure you were watching the right team mate?

Any new (hopefully) manager will build the team around Eriksen. If Enic are serious (I think they are) about pushing/challenging, not only for consistent CL qualification, but a possible PL title challenge, then we will keep the likes of Eriksen and add to his level of quality. It did not work out that way this season, but the intent was there/shown.

We buy out and offer Martinez and into the dream. Build it and he will come! Or if the rumours regarding Ancelotti carry any weight, then we do all we can to bring him to The Lane! Failing on the previous, we target Pochettino.

If we have no chance with LVG than we have more chance of a holiday with Teflon Dan in a nut house
than Ancelotti coming for a bag of peanuts .
ENIC are not serious about challenging/ pushing as they have not the will or money to gamble. They
are hard nosed businessman not fans. The training ground is a factory for our "buy to sell policy"
and maintain our position as the Worlds NO 1 selling club.
No intent ever look at the net spend, Enjoy Eriksen for one more season.

No.

What I took from that is you either expect us to sign managers who don't want to come to us, or you'd prefer a mid-table manager over a four times league winning manager who knows half our first team on a personal level.
I,m saying I can not do another "false dawn". So for me, I,d feel more assured with either Martinez or Ancelotti.
And Pochettino because of his PL experience, would be my third choice, just above de boer.

False dawn, lovely girl, but can not trust a word she says. Seriously, it means I do not want to see my club, again, go through the turmoil we have witnessed this season. If De boer comes, I,m not going to be distraught! Far from it
but there will be that twinge of uncertainty that I would feel less of with the three other names mentioned.

COYS!!

If we have no chance with LVG than we have more chance of a holiday with Teflon Dan in a nut house
than Ancelotti coming for a bag of peanuts .
ENIC are not serious about challenging/ pushing as they have not the will or money to gamble. They
are hard nosed businessman not fans. The training ground is a factory for our "buy to sell policy"
and maintain our position as the Worlds NO 1 selling club.
No intent ever look at the net spend, Enjoy Eriksen for one more season.
My heart says your wrong! But my head.................

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom