Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can't offer CL and have the sixth highest wage bill in the league. There will always be players that want out, regardless of the actions of club hierarchy.
We already knew that, this wasn't the point i was trying to make. I was implying that with the multiple summer sales, Levy sent the message that any player who thinks he deserves better than playing for us will find his way and move to greener pastures.
Did Liverpool let go of Suarez did summer, even though he was crying for a transfer? Also, will there be an exodus at Woolwich if they don't make it in the CL this year? I doubt it.

We already knew that, this wasn't the point i was trying to make. I was implying that with the multiple summer sales, Levy sent the message that any player who thinks he deserves better than playing for us will find his way and move to greener pastures.
Did Liverpool let go of Suarez did summer, even though he was crying for a transfer? Also, will there be an exodus at Woolwich if they don't make it in the CL this year? I doubt it.

Yeah I got your point, and my counter remains the same. The Bale and Suarez situations are not as comparable as people make them out anyway. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about Arse's players staying. They were told last year during a lull that if they didn't make top four, they'd all be facing pay cuts.

Yeah I got your point, and my counter remains the same. The Bale and Suarez situations are not as comparable as people make them out anyway. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about Arse's players staying. They were told last year during a lull that if they didn't make top four, they'd all be facing pay cuts.
Cazorla certainly seems to be angling for a move with his recent comments.

Haven't seen them, will have to look them up. Thanks.
Oh man. I know our supporters tend to read too far into our players statement and start melting, but Cazorla's statement was pretty fucking dire and unambiguous.

‘I want titles and that is why I came to Woolwich. We’ve gone many years without winning one.

‘If not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win. I don’t want to close doors, but I’ve a contract with Woolwich for two more seasons.

‘When I’m turning 31, I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to go back (to Spain).

‘We haven’t got a winning mentality and we have to believe in ourselves (more). Sometimes you can get used to not fighting.’

Cazorla also criticised Woolwich’s lack of big-money signings, saying Manchester rivals United and City got it right with Robin van Persie and Alvaro Negredo. ‘We have to… sign the best football players because if you don’t do that, you may lag behind others.’

He claimed the Gunners are interested in Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, casting more doubt on Wojciech Szczesny’s future.

The Woolwich midfielder said: ‘I’ve told him (I would like him to join Woolwich), but so far he has just been curious about my experience in England.

‘Lots of clubs want him, including Woolwich.’
Funny how none of the Woolwich players or even Wenger these days seem to be beating around the bush about how Szcceszessyzsyny is a weak link.

One of those players you love to watch because he makes it look so easy.

I often get worried about every playing in our team seemingly beating Lloris with every shot in training videos....
:llorisserious:

: ostrich:

Regarding your comment about Levy sending a message, It was only Bale who moved to a bigger club. And he didn't have much choice. Anyway that's old news.
This got me thinking, no wonder we struggled in big games this year, losing all the league experience and familiarity playing together of Gallas, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Parker, Benny, Livermore and Caulker. Next year will be much better. If we get some decent Physios in!!

Bit harsh he hasn't been nominated for young player of the year when 24 year old Sturridge has and Barkley who hasn't registered an assist this season has.

Barkley is grossly overrated because people overlook his lack of vision and decision making. I remember when I saw him in the English u-21 team some year ago. He looked a class above the rest until I started to notice he was utterly selfish and severly lacked any sort of ambition to pass to players in even obviously great positions.

Barkley looks down and Eriksen looks up. It would be fun to play with Barkley for about 10 minutes, then you'd notice you're never getting the ball when you're supposed to, Eriksen on the other hand... Would love to play football with someone so blessed with understanding for the movement you make.

Back
Top Bottom