Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm pretty sure Eriksen started every clean sheet game last season except for the win over Sunderland. Now, that might just be a coincidence, since he's more of an attacking player than a defensive one, but it doesn't seem like him starting has made the team more likely to concede than with Son or Chadli starting.

My point isn't about Eriksen not starting. It's about Eriksen starting along with people like Son, Lamela, Dolphin and other players who can struggle off the ball.

I'd say the same thing about Carroll, Lamela, Son and Njie.

I think Son can be a really dangerous player but not alongside Eriksen and Lamela as soft Spurs can happen.

It's about not overloading the team with stylistic players. The old soft Spurs curse.

Currently I think Janssen offers more needle/power than Eriksen.

I'd love Eriksen to start. But not with Lamela. Or not with Carroll. Or not with Son.

Yes there are positives (goals/assists) but id rather us get goals without being open in certain areas.

Alli when fit/form is a nightmare to deal with. IMO Toby, Dier, Alli, Kane is one of the strongest spines in world football. Add Wanyama, Dembele and Janssen and you've got a fucking nightmare.

Sprinkle in Eriksen, Son and Lamela and co and we can challenge for the title. Right now Lamela is undropable on form.

So it's win win.

I want to kill soft Spursy dead.

The character assassination of Gibbsy seems pretty OTT.

Guy may have come out with some outrageous views but attacking him personally and digging around his social media history is creepy. It's a worse reflection on those people involved
He's been attacking me personally for years. Bald, racist, midget, nazi, gooner, etc. On Twitter, on here, on his blog. He's a fucking liar, and a cunt. Don't pretend his views are all football related.

It's amazing how Eriksen coming off and us winning/clean sheet etc results in dozens off topic Gibbsy stalking weirdness.

That speaks volumes. Can't keep it football.

I'm not sure if it's embarrassing having people know things that I have publicly put on the Internet for decades. It's not like I hid anything people are posting as I've shared my private life in other Spurs forums.

I suppose if you think I'm a different person, a troll etc who supports Woolwich it would be important. But like I showed arcspace a pic of me at a Spurs final it's obvious I'm Spurs.

This is the 100th time Joe or someone else who got hurt due to footballing opinions have posted a pic of me etc.

Please, feel free to friend me on Twitter (apart from Joe who I have to keep blocking via Twitter, email etc due to horrible violent wierd shit).

Now we have that out of the way...

Who do you want to drop out of Dier, Wanyama. Alli, Janssen, Dembele etc for Eriksen?

Ooh look at me! Another guitar to add to my collection.

Identical guitar simultaneously for sale. :kanehand:

And as for keeping it football. One clean sheet in 2016? You put facts to one side to pursue your anti-Poch agenda. You know nothing about this club.

You're the same person aren't you...?

You're merely jousting with yourself in a public display of mild internet Schizophrenia!

I bet you've just punched yourself in the face and grabbed yourself around the throat...

Before masturbating furiously to a lamented photo of yourself!

I'm joking of course... I'm messing with ya fella!

You don't need visual stimulation...
It's all "up here" (taps side of head twice!)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I

My point isn't about Eriksen not starting. It's about Eriksen starting along with people like Son, Lamela, Dolphin and other players who can struggle off the ball.

I think Son can be a really dangerous player but not alongside Eriksen and Lamela as soft Spurs can happen.

It's about not overloading the team with stylistic players. The old soft Spurs curse.

I'd love Eriksen to start. But not with Lamela. Or not with Carroll. Or not with Son.

Yes there are positives (goals/assists) but id rather us get goals without being open in certain areas.

Alli when fit/form is a nightmare to deal with. IMO Toby, Dier, Alli, Kane is one of the strongest spines in world football. Add Wanyama, Dembele and Janssen and you've got a fucking nightmare.

Sprinkle in Eriksen, Son and Lamela and co and we can challenge for the title. Right now Lamela is undropable on form.

So it's win win.

I can sort of understand not wanting to use Eriksen at the same time as Son, since neither offer too much defensively (although it worked out just fine against Man City and Palace last season), but what's wrong with starting Eriksen and Lamela at the same time? Lamela is probably the best "defensive winger" in the league, the idea that he's a soft/stylistic player died last season.

Ooh look at me! Another guitar to add to my collection.

Identical guitar simultaneously for sale. :kanehand:

And as for keeping it football. One clean sheet in 2016? You put facts to one side to pursue your anti-Poch agenda. You know nothing about this club.

What's that you said other night about him selling his wife's jewelry too? Would love to see that

Anyone who says Lamela is weak off the ball as he states clearly needs their head tested, he is magnificent at chasing back and tackling now, not seeing that is ridiculous

I'm not the only one thinking Eriksen needs to be backup due to clean sheet issues.
Really? I think our qualms with Eriksen (i.e. he played shite on Saturday) don't focus upon whether we keep a clean sheet or not. But perhaps that fits the 'beast mode' narrative you want to go with.

Like I keep saying, Poch did just play my exact lineup. I don't know why people still claim my opinion is so out of whack.

You, CJJ, Arcspace, Joe etc will bend over backwards to vilify me. And the end of the day what I claim isn't batshit crazy.

Yes. Yes it is.

Really? I think our qualms with Eriksen (i.e. he played shite on Saturday) don't focus upon whether we keep a clean sheet or not. But perhaps that fits the 'beast mode' narrative you want to go with.

Yes. Yes it is.

Rose, Walker, Davies, and Trippier all playing in the same squad...

Quite literally the worst idea I've ever heard.

So it's win win.

I agree with what you are saying in the main part. You and the other guys are arguing over the finer details.
We have to strike the right balance between power and finesse. At times we have been a bit too lightweight. No one should dispute that. I would maybe swap Eriksen for Yarmolenko. And if we can get £17m for Son, take the money and run.

I agree with what you are saying in the main part. You and the other guys are arguing over the finer details.
We have to strike the right balance between power and finesse. At times we have been a bit too lightweight. No one should dispute that. I would maybe swap Eriksen for Yarmolenko. And if we can get £17m for Son, take the money and run.
Win win i agree with 100peer cent Poch wants us to be ruthless why not.That was reflected on the ground last game, we really got stuck in

Eriksen was second in the league for assists, behind Ozil. Where's the beef apart from being second to a gooner?

Sheesh, give the guy a break.

I can sort of understand not wanting to use Eriksen at the same time as Son, since neither offer too much defensively (although it worked out just fine against Man City and Palace last season), but what's wrong with starting Eriksen and Lamela at the same time? Lamela is probably the best "defensive winger" in the league, the idea that he's a soft/stylistic player died last season.
Fucking this! Lamela is quite literally the antithesis of soft, stylistic player. He works harder than anyone and can actually be quite nasty when he wants to be. He's also a nigh perfect athletic specimen these days and ripped to shreds.

It's amazing how Eriksen coming off and us winning/clean sheet etc results in dozens off topic Gibbsy stalking weirdness.

That speaks volumes. Can't keep it football.

I'm not sure if it's embarrassing having people know things that I have publicly put on the Internet for decades. It's not like I hid anything people are posting as I've shared my private life in other Spurs forums.

I suppose if you think I'm a different person, a troll etc who supports Woolwich it would be important. But like I showed arcspace a pic of me at a Spurs final it's obvious I'm Spurs.

This is the 100th time Joe or someone else who got hurt due to footballing opinions have posted a pic of me etc.

Please, feel free to friend me on Twitter (apart from Joe who I have to keep blocking via Twitter, email etc due to horrible violent wierd shit).

Now we have that out of the way...

Who do you want to drop out of Dier, Wanyama. Alli, Janssen, Dembele etc for Eriksen?

Fuck off you fay ugly cunt and stop selling stolen shit on eBay you disgraceful maggot

It's amazing how much people here zoom in on individual players form and not team shape. People freaking out that I'd drop Eriksen or Lamela? Like there is a difference between Eriksen and Lamela. As if they are light years apart?

It's almost as if Lamela just scored eh?

IMO the strongest team spurs can put out to win games, may not involve Lamela or Eriksen in the starting 11. Mind blown?

It's entirely possible Alli, Kane, Dembele and Janssen would score, create and defend more than Eriksen, Lamela Kane and Alli.

What I'm seeing here is an explosion of knee jerks because Lamela just scored and had a ood preseason.

I suppose I'd be more understanding if we were winning but we seem to have a Frank Bruno complex here eh? How dare I suggest change when we erm...don't win games.

Can someone explain to me why a team with Dembele and Jansenn is worse than Eriksen and Lamela?

Here is my argument: We have been terrible (as a TEAM) in the league with Lamela and Eriksen pulling the strings in the last month of Prem games.

What's your argument against change? Why are you all so excited to jump on me being honest? You lot hate that right?

What happened when Janssen came on? Did Lamela touch a ball in the first half before Janssen gave us a massive boost?

Let's see how stupid that sounds in 6 months time.

After all, before the game started I had Lamela starting. And Janssen.

Poch went with a different setup (which I predicted 100%) and we struggled. Went behind like I warned.

I think Lamela and Eriksen have the most tenuous position in the team at the moment. I don't think replacing them with Dembele and Janssen is laughable.

We all know what happens here after the dust settles.

After all. I just predicted Lamela should start because of his form. He scores. I said Eriksen and Lamela starting is risky. We went behind. I'd previously said Janssen should start but Poch won't do it. But was proven right...Janssen came on and was the power/aggression Eriksen etc lacked in the first.
We went behind because of a fluke goal from a free kick that was conceded on the inside right.
Lamela creates more chances than Dembele would in that position.
I also thought the whole idea of the set up was to push teams wide.
Why have two marauding full backs and play inverted wingers if you want to stop team exploiting the space behind on the wings.
It's all about positioning and closing down the passing lanes and winning the ball back quickly. Eriksen is better positionally than Townsend.
Lamela or Dembele would do a better job centrally than Eriksen imo.
Eriksen has performed better for us on the left historically. Not just this season. He goes missing in the middle as he gets bullied, dominated and cannot, like you said, keep the ball.
On the flank he gets space & lek Lamlea drifts inside.In fact you'll find Dele creates more for us on the left when playing centrally than Eriksen.
Dele and Eriksen were shit on opening day, the both have been pre season. It's not going to last forever.

Last edited:
Just makes my blood boil

''Thanks! Thanks for posting things I was right about. You missed out me predicting Hughton would get the sack (after over 10 years of being with the club)

And the fact I said Bent wasn't a good signing the day he signed while everyone else was celebrating.

And me celebrating when Woody signed (because I am not all doom and gloom)

Oh crap! I did it again! I talked to the Bus Conductor! Silly me.

BTW I predicted Malbs would be SOLD and he was. Don't miss out that little fact.''

''Do you think I post like this on other message boards? Or to regular Spurs fans?''

Hmm...what do we think? does he?

Gibbs, patting himself on back and being willfully ignorant of his cretinous ways for over 10 years.

Oh, and a borderline homophobic reference to Jenas in there to boot.

Didn't even take much digging. A simple ''ole gibbsy'' search, page 1. There is fucking loads.

What a proud man you must be.

It's actually very funny to read some of his Steed Malbranque is better than Luka Modric stuff.

Beyond parody.

And his "I've backed Kane from the beginning" lies. Here he is "backing Kane".

Attacking English players:
Defoe: 1 prem goal in a calender year.
Lennon: 1 prem goal and 1 assists this season.
Townsend: 1 prem goal and 0 assists this season.
Kane: 7 appearances in the prem in his career. 0 goals 0 assists.

Last edited:

Exactly. Like I keep saying..what I claim isn't a huge deal.

Smaller details of the squad.

Back
Top Bottom