Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As for goals/assists after the City away fixture... Goal v Bournemouth, assist v Liverpool, assist v Man United, 2 assists against Stoke, assist v Chelsea.

People forget that only Ozil had more assists than Eriksen last season.
I think the concept of supporting a team when they're not playing well is alien to the new breed. And let's face it - most of those are overseas people. Knee jerk tossers.

Lol. I was just asking because I couldn't remember what was the last match he played well. Man City was the last timeline that crossed my mind.
Stoke Away.

Think he scored 2 and assisted 2 in the 4-0 win. Funnily enough, was the last time Dele Alli looked good too. Then again, the following game our season ended and so did Alli's so it's a bit harsh on him.

I think the concept of supporting a team when they're not playing well is alien to the new breed. And let's face it - most of those are overseas people. Knee jerk tossers.
It's not me that guy. I love this club and everything about it and I supported it ever since I started watching Premier League.

Odd.

What's your problem with Chris Hughton, Gibbs?

When we were doing well with Jol I started a thread claiming Hughton was too nice and didn't know our squad. I said I was worried about Jol who I rate because Hughton didn't exactly help the other managers.

It was mostly about tactics. How the coachable stuff was so terrible. Everything from throwins to defending corners, to attacking corners etc looked like an afterthought.

I claimed that he turned a blind eye to the party scene, was confusing on the touch line and was too much of a nice guy to really be effective.

We were unfit, soft etc. He was a constant behind the scenes during the dark years. We had a dearth of players coming through. The only ones were Sol and King but they were more products of Lilyshawl than Hughton.

Everyone called me a troll etc because Chris was so nice. Then he got fired after our form nosedived. Once he left our youth and long term coaching kicked in our youth etc started getting better and better. The backup was more ready. After a few false starts we grew.

That's why I love Poch. He's a nice guy but he's not going to fuck around. And Townsend found out how nice our coaches are. Eriksen said his legs were like jelly for months after training.

I love Chris. But I think he was way too nice to handle our party squad. Jol was famous for only talking/concentrating on the starting 11. When that 11 was decimated by injury, the quality Hughton had prepared for him was diabolical.

The thread was massive. Someone on SC did this:

gentleman to the end. Nice sarcastic message for me.

Last edited:
Hughton is a classic example of my I'm not popular. I think a lot of you have reservations about how soft Eriksen makes us. It's not popular to pick holes in Tottenham Way players.

I got banned from that forum because I claimed the stadium would be delayed because of gov gougeing for redevelopment and red tape. When Levy wrote a letter spelling that out, a moderator who posted literally a 1000 posts in the stadium thread arguing the opposite banned me.

Sour grapes. He voted me as "most annoying poster" because of the stadium thread.

I sent him a link to Levy's letter (delaying the stadium because of the costs/red tape/local regeneration I warned about ) and he Perma banned me. All I did was post "Gotta trust old Gibbsy" with the link, and that was it. I was on that forum for years. It takes one trumped up prick having a tantrum to ban me.

Gotta laugh. He was so sure of himself. He went to dozens of planning meetings and thought he was the bollocks. 1000's of posts on the subject...poor fucker.

Last edited:
It's not me that guy. I love this club and everything about it and I supported it ever since I started watching Premier League.

Don't worry. Joe beating his chest said Dembele is poison, Ksne is too slow and stupid, Lamela is nowhere near good enough and made fun of me for rating him.

Joe Clash saying this forum is just like Gooners?

Is everyone just numb to the shit he says? What supporters don't discuss things that irk them about their teams? Wtf is the point of a forum?

Like Gooners??

Last edited:
I still think Chris goes missing far too much . He is our most creative player, but when it's not working, he brings zilch to the party. He hasn't contributed much so far this season, and wonder if his contract negotiations are impacting his performances. If that's the case,then for pete's sake, sort it out and get on with your job!

Ahh I remember Chris Hughton.

The one who did all of our Youth scouting, Academy Management, First Team management, set the tactics, coached the players, sign the players, player liason officer, fitness coach, dietitian.

After all, all Martin Jol did was pick the team and shrug his shoulders. Hughton was to blame for the millenium bug too, he made it all up. What a twat.

(We'll pretend John McDermott and Alex Inglethorpe didn't exist when he was manager, and also that this "dark period" got us consecutive 5th place finishes and a European QF. He was 'sacked' for it all, after all - nothing to do with Ramos wanting his own backroom staff.)

I still think Chris goes missing far too much . He is our most creative player, but when it's not working, he brings zilch to the party. He hasn't contributed much so far this season, and wonder if his contract negotiations are impacting his performances. If that's the case,then for pete's sake, sort it out and get on with your job!

I don't think he's been anywhere near as consistent as he needs to be, which I assume is why no one has come knocking.

As for goals/assists after the City away fixture... Goal v Bournemouth, assist v Liverpool, assist v Man United, 2 assists against Stoke, assist v Chelsea.

People forget that only Ozil had more assists than Eriksen last season.

Nobody forgets that only Ozil had more assists. We all know that and consider it in our opinions of him. His present form is poor. On his day he's a classy player. We need to sign another first team attacking midfielder or inside forward who can introduce added competition in that area.

Ahh I remember Chris Hughton.

The one who did all of our Youth scouting, Academy Management, First Team management, set the tactics, coached the players, sign the players, player liason officer, fitness coach, dietitian.

After all, all Martin Jol did was pick the team and shrug his shoulders. Hughton was to blame for the millenium bug too, he made it all up. What a twat.

(We'll pretend John McDermott and Alex Inglethorpe didn't exist when he was manager, and also that this "dark period" got us consecutive 5th place finishes and a European QF. He was 'sacked' for it all, after all - nothing to do with Ramos wanting his own backroom staff.)

I know new fans like you don't know how many managers got fired with Chris helping.

How about you talk football? Name me youth players that came though under him apart from Sol and King who were groomed via Lilyshawl.

I know new fans like you don't know how many managers got fired with Chris helping.

How about you talk football? Name me youth players that came though under him apart from Sol and King who were groomed via Lilyshawl.

LOL "Lilyshawl".

S16014-New-Fashion-Chiffon-scarves-Women-scarves-shawl-high-quality-spring-and-summer-sunscreen-lily-shawl.jpg_640x640.jpg

Groomed were they? With a white van and some sweeties? "Show me your whacker and I'll make you an England player"

Keith Waldon was the youth team manager, so you're talking bollocks again. Why would Chris Hughton be responsible for whether or not Gerry Francis or George Graham had a) the inclination to player players, or b) the ability to pick a good side.

I'm not sure why you accuse people of having inferior knowledge, but you get stuff wrong constantly. To entertain the question:

Stephen Carr, Stephen Kelly, Luke Young, Peter Crouch, Stephen Clemence, Lee Barnard, Jamie O'Hara, Ian Walker, Nick Barmby...

There were dozens more of a lower quality, but unless you also blame Hughton for not inseminating all the Enfield Ladies with footballer genes in the 80's, ready for the academy, then (unsurprisingly) you'll (fail to) realise that you can't polish turds.

Don't even know why I'm bothered to entertain this - you'll only skim read it and reply about how you were right about something, probably unrelated, and predicted something which you probably didn't, and include a narcissistic rant in there somewhere, whilst ignoring the Mason thread where your triumphant 3-post essay gloating fell flat on its face.

Back
Top Bottom