Starting to forget the feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scottwallace15

ScottSpurs
Is anyone else starting to forget the feeling of beating a london rival? the last time we done it was west ham away and nothing feels better then a derby win, and im starting too forget the feeling, hopefully this weekend can change it, anyway what was your favourite Derby moment?

I think we keep on getting out managed. None of the teams who pounded us could have done so if we had a special one putting out the starting 11's.

We have an amazing core of players, and we keep diluting it with mediocrity and empty flashy players.

Last edited:
I think we keep on getting out managed. None of the teams who pounded could have done so if we had a special one putting out the starting 11's.

We have an amazing core of players, and we keep diluting it with mediocrity and empty flashy players.
So is it the players or the manager.. You're contradicting yourself in 3 lines. Thats almost impressive. :adesalute:

We beat Woolwich 2-1 at the lane last season.

What I am forgetting the feeling of is, enjoying watching us play. It's been nearly 2 years now.

So is it the players or the manager.. You're contradicting yourself in 3 lines. Thats almost impressive. :adesalute:

How am I contradicting myself? I said we had a fantastic CORE of players. That does not mean our whole team (Can't believe I have to explain this!).

"So is it the players or the manager.. "

I'm actually having a hard time responding to that. I mean I mention we dilute the team with flashy players and we get out managed. "So is it the players or the manager.. "

large.gif

Best derby moment...
danny-rose-volley-o.gif
Does anyone have the video of that with commentary? Doesn't seem to be on YouTube, although I haven't looked for a while..

Was at the 2-1 last year, fell down the stairs when the second went in. Going on Sunday but really struggling to be optimistic. I know the feeling though, it does feel like forever since we had a good win against a rival.

How am I contradicting myself? I said we had a fantastic CORE of players. That does not mean our whole team (Can't believe I have to explain this!).

"So is it the players or the manager.. "

I'm actually having a hard time responding to that. I mean I mention we dilute the team with flashy players and we get out managed. "So is it the players or the manager.. "

large.gif
You have such an agenda against our english players, its borderline xenophobic. And its bizarre. You do know this is the ENGLISH premier league right?
in the post i originally quoted you started off saying it was the fault of our managers. Getting outdone tactically. Picking the wrong starting 11. Which i can understand. i don't completely agree. but i understand.

Then you went on to blaming in on flashy mediocre players... who are they? I've just read through the Lamela thread, and you're a big advocate for Lamela. Saying he should be started ahead of Townsend etc...
id say Lamela is probably our "flashiest" player in the squad. And he's definitely been mediocre so far.
Who else... Walker? i guess he's kinda flashy. And one of our english players you despise so much.
Probably one of our best players this season. Lennon? last season his defensive work was invaluable. not to mention the importance of having speedy players in the way we played.

but yeah carry on. Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

You have such an agenda against our english players

Attacking English players:
Defoe: 1 prem goal in a calender year.
Lennon: 1 prem goal and 1 assists this season.
Townsend: 1 prem goal and 0 assists this season.
Kane: 7 appearances in the prem in his career. 0 goals 0 assists.

Defenders:
Rose. Not good enough.
Walker: One of my favorite players.

And this is not knee jerk. I got laughed off forums suggesting the Defoes, Lennons, Hudds etc were not good enough.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-8.37.11-AM.png

Oh and by the way...Why are you running around disliking old posts of mine directly after I pointed out you didn't have a clue what I was talking about? Petty shit brah.

Then you went on to blaming in on flashy mediocre players... who are they? I've just read through the Lamela thread, and you're a big advocate for Lamela. Saying he should be started ahead of Townsend etc...
id say Lamela is probably our "flashiest" player in the squad. And he's definitely been mediocre so far.

but yeah carry on. Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

Yes I want to play Lamela over Townsend and Lennon. Mind blown? I have my reasonings and you IGNORED them.

Lamela and Eriksen are flashy but they have something Lennon and Townsend don't have: They can finish. If I am going to play lightweight players, they better be able to do something in the final third.

Again, not to question you oh wise one, but you do realise he no longer plays for us, right?

:kaboul:

Yes it is obvious. I mentioned Hudd too, you think I think he is still here? Or is this another case of cross thread crysterbating because of what has gone on in other threads?

You have been running around clicking the disagree button to my posts too. I've hurt you two deeply...Don't tell me I have to deal with you two constantly derailing shite because you can't handle what was said in other threads? Please save me from your tears.

Last edited:
Yes it is obvious. You have been running around clicking the disagree button to my posts too. And AVB. Do you think I think they are still at Spurs? Or are you just permanently wanking on planet obtuse? I've hurt you two deeply...Don't tell me I have to deal with you two constantly derailing shite because you can't handle what was said in other thread? Please save me from your tears.

AVB has been disagreeing with your posts?:avbmad:

Don't blame him :avblol:

My internet works without leg power, so I don't need to run to click the red cross. I recall I clicked the button because I disagreed with your intrepid post whereby you slate everyone in the club.

Strangely enough, I disagreed with it :avblol:

You seem to go from "I love all our players" to "they're all wankers" in the space of once sentence.. Am I supposed to find it inspiring?

That is just excuse making. You break your transfer record because you want instant quality.

I don't even think he's even been given the chance to flop. I think he's been badly managed from every angle. From his role, to the players around him/starting 11, to the manager (Lamela looked clueless to where he needed to play) and top that off with some terrible fitness staff and communication to his physical state you have a club that does not have a fucking clue what to do with their assets.

I have confidence in most of our players...Beyond that, we are run by morons.

Back
Top Bottom