Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that's why I thought you had to be a member and pay extra too

Apparently not. At the bottom of the excluded events link it says "we will, however, try to secure tickets from the event owners" or something like that. So yes you'd have to pay extra, but others don't need to be members to buy tickets for these events.

Nice of them to open up the ENTIRE stadium for us...
But I think we might only fill it for the first group game (due to the novelty aspect, AND who we draw!)

Maybe IF we get through to later rounds we might have a decent chance of filling it again...

The idea of 80,000 Spurs fans (plus away fans of course) in a packed Wembley does make me tingle!

But that's why I thought you had to be a member and pay extra too

I think everyone, including THFC is using the the "Club Wembley" name to reference the location of the seats rather than imply that you already have to be a paid up member.
If you think of "Club Wembley" members as season ticket holders for that particular area, without automatic rights to some events, Spurs games being one example.

I think everyone, including THFC is using the the "Club Wembley" name to reference the location of the seats rather than imply that you already have to be a paid up member.
If you think of "Club Wembley" members as season ticket holders for that particular area, without automatic rights to some events, Spurs games being one example.

I wish I could have put it that simply.

LOL. Just seen your reply to CJJ.
Why use one sentence when a whole paragraph will do exactly the same job. I new that O Level in "Waffle" would serve me well.
:pochsmirk:
No mate, I meant it. It was me that was waffling. You got the point across in one post. That was my 7th to CJJ.

Fantastic news, well done to the club and to the THST for playing their part.

How will the ticket buying process work for One Hotspur members? Back to the wheel of doom?

This example of strategy is all Levy.
Offer cheap/attractive seat pricing to:
1. Get access to increased Spurs supporters (names, addresses etc)
2. Get monster crowds to outshine Spam, scum red and blue.
3. Largest EPL crowd since all-seater rules.
4. Crowd size giving energy to playing staff
5. Discounted prices on already low prices for under 18 and over 65's
6. Massive positive media exposure

Wow it's win win for THFC

Imagine how embarrassing it'll be for the FA if little old Tottenham manage to sell out Wembley when they get crowds of 50-60,000 for England matches.
Bit harsh. England has the highest attendance of any International side in the world. The smallest crowd at Wembley in the last 2.5yrs was a friendly against Norway which was 40k in attendance.
84k vs Lithuania
75k vs Switzerland
75k vs Estonia
71k vs France (friendly)
82k vs Holland (friendly)
83k vs Portugal (friendly)

It would be interesting to see if we can sellout Wembley, but it is a big ask, 90k is the capacity (not sure if UEFA restrictions impact on smaller cap or not). Also not sure what the away allocation will be 5k-10k? We have apparently 80k members. Admittadley a friendly but when we played Barca at Wembley a few years back there were 30k empty seats, so very difficult to judge.

Bit harsh. England has the highest attendance of any International side in the world. The smallest crowd at Wembley in the last 2.5yrs was a friendly against Norway which was 40k in attendance.
84k vs Lithuania
75k vs Switzerland
75k vs Estonia
71k vs France (friendly)

It would be interesting to see if we can sellout Wembley, but it is a big ask, 90k is the capacity (not sure if UEFA restrictions impact on smaller cap or not). Also not sure what the away allocation will be 5k-10k? We have apparently 80k members. Admittadley a friendly but when we played Barca at Wembley a few years back there were 30k empty seats, so very difficult to judge.
It will be a good barometer to the future regarding the new stadium, personally I think if get 70-80k for each match it will be mission accomplished for Levy and Spurs! Time for all Spurs supporters to stand up for the club!

84k vs Lithuania
75k vs Switzerland
75k vs Estonia
71k vs France (friendly)

The good thing about full UEFA CL/Wembley allocation is that at 80-90k there should be available tickets for all who want to go. Whether we can actually find that many interested fans is different matter. The pricing though has at least given hope to getting as many fans in as possible. £70 for adults and £35 for kids/over 65s for three group games is great, we'll not be a top seed, so are likely to get a big gun in our group, that alone would probably cost £55+ under normal circumstances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom