Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I for one am really excited at the prospect of getting tickets for a change and not just for one game but three. Travelling to Wembley is also considerably easier so wont be a killer late night. Hope I get tickets and it's a sell out.

My only worry is that there'll be lots of people who buy the 3 game package but only actually turn up to 1 or 2 of them, meaning empty seats in prime areas... but hopefully not

Best thing is at these prices I can afford to take the Mrs so I don't get a headache abut never taking her anywhere

It would be interesting to see if we can sellout Wembley, but it is a big ask, 90k is the capacity (not sure if UEFA restrictions impact on smaller cap or not). Also not sure what the away allocation will be 5k-10k? We have apparently 80k members. Admittadley a friendly but when we played Barca at Wembley a few years back there were 30k empty seats, so very difficult to judge.

That Barcelona game was 7 years ago, in which time our support base has grown exponentially and considering that this is Spurs playing Champions League football at Wembley, which has a novelty factor to it. If we start the group stages of badly then the novelty will wear off pretty quickly, if we do well that everyone will want to get on the ride

Bit harsh. England has the highest attendance of any International side in the world. The smallest crowd at Wembley in the last 2.5yrs was a friendly against Norway which was 40k in attendance.
84k vs Lithuania
75k vs Switzerland
75k vs Estonia
71k vs France (friendly)
82k vs Holland (friendly)
83k vs Portugal (friendly)

It would be interesting to see if we can sellout Wembley, but it is a big ask, 90k is the capacity (not sure if UEFA restrictions impact on smaller cap or not). Also not sure what the away allocation will be 5k-10k? We have apparently 80k members. Admittadley a friendly but when we played Barca at Wembley a few years back there were 30k empty seats, so very difficult to judge.
That Barcelona game was 7 years ago, in which time our support base has grown exponentially and considering that this is Spurs playing Champions League football at Wembley, which has a novelty factor to it. If we start the group stages of badly then the novelty will wear off pretty quickly, if we do well that everyone will want to get on the ride

If I recall correctly it was also hideously expensive - I believe they said it was because it was a "day ticket" meaning we got to watch Al Ahli vs Celtic too.

Admittadley a friendly but when we played Barca at Wembley a few years back there were 30k empty seats, so very difficult to judge.

Was at that game, the way that format worked was there were Celtic and some other team playing the same day so other fans may have just bought tickets for that game and left before Spurs v Barca. Also Barca played there C team.

I reckon we will get 75k+

Ahh, I thought it was £70 each game. Fair enough
For you lot - could be even more

Someone needs to pay for Pep's new hipster scarf

GettyImages-545519894.jpg

Last edited:
What a load of bollocks, that was a clear post. Where does it say 70 a game

"3 CL games for £70"

I just thought it meant £70 each for the group stages. Again, my bad, no need to throw a tantrum over a little miscommunication. £70 is cheap.

Nice of them to open up the ENTIRE stadium for us...
But I think we might only fill it for the first group game (due to the novelty aspect, AND who we draw!)

Maybe IF we get through to later rounds we might have a decent chance of filling it again...

The idea of 80,000 Spurs fans (plus away fans of course) in a packed Wembley does make me tingle!
They should do that 3 game package for everyone to help fill it for all 3 games.

The pricing is making me think about next season - I reckon there could be a situation where home to the Scum, Utd, etc are Cat C games with 90k capacity in the Prem......and teams like West Ham could be moved up to Cat A with 50k capacity

Back
Top Bottom