Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the disagree about something so positive as tickets for all at CL matches and potentially not managing 80-90k attendance? AngryBird AngryBird or are you annoyed at gaining a load of disagrees in the Gotze thread?

Just to give everyone wet dreams about what they'll be getting for their 70 package.

It's going to be fucking brilliant no matter the draw :pochohshit:

Not a whole lot of soft spots in the first two pots. One or two teams, you'd prefer (if you value progression over big games already in the group stage). Give me one of Benfica or Porto, and I'll gladly take a heavyweight as the other out the top two pots.

Sorry about the poor copy paste job. Can't be arsed to set and correct it or find a similar, as you'll get it, I'm sure. Edit: Looked even worse after posting, but still can't be arsed :pritchardeyes:

Pot 1 coef. Pot 2 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
Real Madrid (CL-TH) Esp 176.142 Atlético Madrid Esp 144.142
FC Barcelona Esp 159.142 Borussia Dortmund Ger 110.035
Leicester City Eng 15.256 Woolwich Eng 105.256
Bayern München Ger 163.035 Manchester City *4 Eng 99.256
Juventus Ita 107.087 Sevilla (EL-TH) Esp 95.642
Benfica Por 116.616 FC Porto *4 Por 92.616
Paris Saint-Germain Fra 112.549 Napoli Ita 90.087
CSKA Moscow Rus 48.716 Bayer Leverkusen Ger 89.035

Pot 3 coef. Pot 4 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
FC Basel Sui 87.755 PSV Eindhoven Ned 57.112
Shakhtar Donetsk *3 Ukr 81.976 Sporting CP Lisbon Por 51.616
Tottenham Hotspur Eng 74.256 Viktoria Plzen *3 Cze 44.585
Olympiakos Piraeus *3 Gre 70.940 Club Brugge Bel 43.000
Dinamo Kiev Ukr 65.976 FC Salzburg ** Aut 42.520
Olympique Lyon Fra 63.049 Celtic ** Sco 40.460
Villarreal *4 Esp 60.142 APOEL Nicosia ** Cyp 35.935
Ajax *3 Ned 58.112 Besiktas Tur 34.920

I kind of want to see Dortmund in our group, to show what its like to face our actual first XI. (also I'd rather have them in our group that in a knockout round in case our first XI isn't up to it...)

"3 CL games for £70"

I just thought it meant £70 each for the group stages. Again, my bad, no need to throw a tantrum over a little miscommunication. £70 is cheap.
No tantrum, just shows that we have a very innovative Chairman!

Juventus would make for a damn tough group, but given the argument over who's bigger that we had I want 'em for purely TFC reasons. :letmyselfout:

Internazionale, Werder Bremen and FC Twente pretty tough group we did okay by finishing top.

Would be less afraid of facing Juve or Napoli than say Real, Barca, Atleti Or Bayern. Actually would like us to have Real in our group. Also realised we can't play Ajax as they are a pot 3 side.

Imagine if we got Bayern, Atleti and PSV.:pochfacepalm:

Leicester will get Leverkusen, Ajax and Celtic. :levyeyes:

It's all pie in the sky though. Until the real draw. Come on season hurry up. Whoever we get will be some great matches. No Dynamo Cheeky Girls in the group stages.

For pure glamour Barcelona, Napoli and Ajax. Which would probably near to being a group of death.

FFS state of Leicester's co-efficient.

Ajax are pot 3 like us :freund:

As for group of death, I think all the teams in pot 2 look strong. There's a significantly bigger quality gap down to pot 3 from 2, than there is from pot 1 to 2 imo, so any group will be tough for us. Although I agree Atletico and Napoli are likely a tad above the other (non-English) teams in pot 2.

If not one the Portuguese teams can be had, then Leverkusen would be good fun and likely wonderful entertainment with their approach :pochsmirk:

I almost want us to have a tough group, just because we will play better against teams that attack us, rather than teams which park the bus.

Can't wait to see us in action though.

Back
Top Bottom