Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9878090685_9eea4deef7_o.gif

OPTA STATS - vs. CARDIFF
If Tottenham win, it'll be only the 2nd time since '60s that they’ve won 4 of their opening 5 games. :freundgoal:
Tottenham Hotspur have had the most shots in the Premier League so far this season (59). :soldadowatch:
Just three Premier League players have created more chances than Kyle Walker this season (10). :walker:
Dembele has attempted 188 passes and misplaced just 15, with a passing accuracy of 92.02 per cent. :dembele:
Tottenham Hotspur have completed the most dribbles in the Premier League this season (69). :eriksenlol:
Townsend has completed 17 dribbles in the PL this season. Only Barkley has completed more (19). :townhmm:
Tottenham Hotspur have only been caught offside once in total in their opening four games. :defoe:
Of the PL players who have made 150+ passes, Vertonghen has the best passing accuracy - 94.25%. :vert:

Early in a game where we came under some early pressure in a hostile environment, Naughton made a panicky and horrendous pass. However, he regained his composure and played a solid albeit unspectacular game out of position. More than any of you mugs could do.

I don't think any of us would argue that he will ever be first choice at the club but he clearly goes out a bust his ass on the pitch and really cares.

Plus, the team clearly rates him and Danny Rose gave him so glowing praise in his interview with Ben Pearce last week saying, "If I’m not up to scratch the gaffer has Jan, or Kyle [Naughton], or Zeki, who are more than capable of taking my place. If you see how Kyle trains, you feel a little bit sorry that he doesn’t get more game time, because he’s a brilliant player." (http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._make_full_use_of_his_stellar_squad_1_2589640)

Overall, yeah he's not Maldini let alone Danny Rose but he's Spurs and you can tell he gives a fuck on the pitch and the merciless slagging him off is just uncalled for. He's Tottenham and should be treated as such.

But seriously though, that was lucky. We did everything in our power to fuck this one up, and we barely got there in the end despite all that. We need to sort a few things out going forward, we can't keep doing it like this.

I kinda agree with making things difficult for ourselves by not scoring earlier, but LUCKY?? We shoulda had 6 by half-time!
The best compliment I can pay us today, was like it was watching a Man Utd team from a few years back... had all the possession, deserved the win, and GOT the win, as LATE as humanly (or should that be humanely?) possible! Yes we coulda scored more... but we could also have scored '0'!! the fact we DID score, made 2 points and ALL the difference to everyone's mood today... don't spoil it now with reality and cold hard facts!!

(mind you, that one goal we've conceded ALL season is making ALL the fucking difference to ours/ArseAnal's league position, so at least the ghost of OLD Spurs is still lingering!!)

Think i've only just come off the ceiling, fuck me.

Didn't think the subs were particularly late today to be honest, we were absolutely playing them off the pitch and didn't really need a change of system. A few later like-for-like subs as fresh legs worked wonders so i'm not seeing anything majorly wrong there. Soldado will find form, he's making his own chances at the moment and it won't be long before he faces a 'keeper that isn't having the game of his life.

THINGS ARE LOOKING SO FUCKING GOOD RIGHT NOW.

Back
Top Bottom