Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well deserved goal and would of been a travesty had Cardiff got away with a point. Love this new Spurs side and actually feel there is still so much more to come from them all. I feel this Lamela kid is something special and is slowly beginning to show his quality. What a lovely ball that was from him and superb by Paulinho!! Soldado needs a goal but he was excellent today with his movement, unlucky not to score.

Just back from game - long old day...would've seemed a hell of a lot long had we not scored that!

Thought Soldado was excellent today and actually thought Naughton was decent (given I rolled my eyes and threw my hands in the air when I found out he was in the team) but it needs to be Danny Rose or JV for the Chavs next week.

Thought their Korean, Kim, looked pretty tidy IMHO.

Interested to know if Caulker was any good, in MOTD highlights didn't see him touch the ball.

with nine or ten men behind the ball in defence as it was for much of the game, it was very difficult to tell players apart. It was ridiculous, as it is against many teams we play nowadays, how many players were back defending today. Actually made me think that they didnt deserve any points today cause it was so boring from them (though if i was their manager, i'd probably have done the same tbh).

with nine or ten men behind the ball in defence as it was for much of the game, it was very difficult to tell players apart. It was ridiculous, as it is against many teams we play nowadays, how many players were back defending today. Actually made me think that they didnt deserve any points today cause it was so boring from them (though if i was their manager, i'd probably have done the same tbh).
In a way I think it's fantastic that teams feel they have to do this against us, it just tells the whole world that we are a team to be feared and the fact we win more often than not just screams that we are badasses now!

Not long in from the game. Fucking quality. Took over pubs on the high road, rocked the Walkabout, took the piss on the way to the ground. Scenes when the goal went in.

Train home was fucking shit. No air con, no food and drink service and delayed 40 mins.

All in all, worth it.

Early in a game where we came under some early pressure in a hostile environment, Naughton made a panicky and horrendous pass. However, he regained his composure and played a solid albeit unspectacular game out of position. More than any of you mugs could do.

I don't think any of us would argue that he will ever be first choice at the club but he clearly goes out a bust his ass on the pitch and really cares.

Plus, the team clearly rates him and Danny Rose gave him so glowing praise in his interview with Ben Pearce last week saying, "If I’m not up to scratch the gaffer has Jan, or Kyle [Naughton], or Zeki, who are more than capable of taking my place. If you see how Kyle trains, you feel a little bit sorry that he doesn’t get more game time, because he’s a brilliant player." (http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._make_full_use_of_his_stellar_squad_1_2589640)

Overall, yeah he's not Maldini let alone Danny Rose but he's Spurs and you can tell he gives a fuck on the pitch and the merciless slagging him off is just uncalled for. He's Tottenham and should be treated as such.

Back
Top Bottom