Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we didn't make hard work of it. We cut through them like a hot knife through butter. We should have had 3 or 4.

My own personal theory on why we didn't is cos I think the players wanted to allow the fans a PROPER MENTAL GOAL CELEBRATION!
Had we already been 3 up by that point, it woulda been like Norwich last week, people barely looking up from their matchday programme (or CHEESEBOARD!) to celebrate....

At least today we got to enjoy a proper old school BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!

dominated another team, every team (including arse) have been run over by us. our possession almost works to our disadvantage. little credit to Cardiff they were at least trying although still very much bus parked.

dembele did look good. left side a little weak but sigs starting to make people take notice.

think the season is hinging on goal scorers again!!

This game has highlighted 2 areas we need to strengthen - Left back and Goalie - aside from Naughton being woeful at LB (IMO he always does ok at RB though) we could have been caught out if Clattenburg had had a funny five at the beginning of the game. I haven't seen the alleged handling outside of the box incident, but had it gone the other way and Lloris had walked, then Brad between the sticks and 10 men for 84 minutes, this game would have panned out very differently.

My two biggest knocks on AVB (Please note that I love the man)

His obsession with starting a decent RB at LB who then becomes a total liability out there on both fronts

His subs are always around 10 minutes too late per player

Lamela 60th
Kane 70th
Holtby 75th

Makes so much more sense to allow them to get into the flow of the game

Kane actually had a few nice balls and just missed scoring. N Lamela . what a cross w/ a Bale-like cross

This wasa very admirable result was in irish pub watching mayo agonisingly fall short

Then switched to cardiff my gooner cousins were very impressed with the way we nicked it. Thats the clue we are a side you can never count out the scum chaveskis and the mancs would win games just when you thought they had lost it when they were winning the league.

We might be that side

Dembele looked very good again today. Had some decent forward passes especially one nicely lofted ball for Soldado into the box in the right channel -- if he adds that to his game, he'll be a force.

Think i've only just come off the ceiling, fuck me.

Didn't think the subs were particularly late today to be honest, we were absolutely playing them off the pitch and didn't really need a change of system. A few later like-for-like subs as fresh legs worked wonders so i'm not seeing anything majorly wrong there. Soldado will find form, he's making his own chances at the moment and it won't be long before he faces a 'keeper that isn't having the game of his life.

THINGS ARE LOOKING SO FUCKING GOOD RIGHT NOW.

Back
Top Bottom