Can we win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we win the league?

• Yes we can and we will, we are a strong team

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • We have a chance but it is unlikely

Votes: 116 81.7%
  • We have absolutely zero chance of being champions

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
1st or 2nd will do me.

Screenshot_2015-11-09-10-43-29.png
Corals now quoting 8-1 after last night's result. If spurs hit 2nd or 1St in 2016 can you cash out? Would you cash out?

Good luck with the bet.

If Eriksen and Chadli return to their form from this part of last season we have a chance. I think people forget how many goals Chadli scored until the death of his father, Eriksen as we all know has ability - January/February would be a brilliant time for those two to enter a purple patch.

Bring in a striker, I think people also forget how good Berahino was so if we can bring him in in for <£20 for me it for represent a rejuvenation or our attacking line.

Pochettino probably wouldn't want to but if an exceptional experience player became available in January we should try to bring them to the Lane, preferably someone in the mould of Cambiasso/De Rossi (obviously not either of those two) who'd bring with them some real graft.

We're in it until we're not so we might as well give it our best shot.

Bring in at least one striker of decent quality in January and I guess there's a chance, albeit small, but with the current squad I can't honestly see it, not to take anything away from the team and manager as they have been fantastic so far , but we have been rather fortunate regarding injuries and I'm not sure how long that can last

We can only really assess our chances combined with other teams, and at present there is no reason to suggest that any team is clearly our superior. What will, as is always the case, define our chances is how we cope from March to May, if Poch can lead this team to a top four finish then that is fantastic. But it is difficult to imagine a season where Chelsea will be as poor, United will likely have Mourinho, which isn't a guarantee but certainly makes them a greater prospect than under van Gaal, and Liverpool will probably improve under Klopp once he has a chance to get the players in he wants*. For these reasons it would be a great shame if we were unable to sustain a title challenge.

*There is no reason to suggest we won't improve either of course; it just stands to reason that the fewer competitors the easy the task.

I've voted for 0% chance mostly because I just don't want to get my hopes up. I don't think we are there yet.

I think we have a young team and we are still building. We're still finding our way. And I'm fine with that. And the fact that we're on course to get Champions League so far is exceptional. I still believe this season is about building though, and I don't think we could have a better platform. Our forward players such as Son, Lamela and Kane are all getting in on the goals and playing really well. Eriksen is picking up assists, Dele Alli is fighting like all hell for his place and Moussa Dembele has finally made that CM position his own. On top of that Dier, Toby and Jan have made an awesome partnership. Long may it continue I say.

19 games left - Eriksen still needs another 8 to replicate last season, Chadli needs another 10 add another 10 from Kane, that is 28 goals over the next 19 games......
:harryhmm: I mean if they could do that, that'd be great

Corals now quoting 8-1 after last night's result. If spurs hit 2nd or 1St in 2016 can you cash out? Would you cash out?

Good luck with the bet.

Thanks! Hope I haven't jinxed the fuck out of it.

Don't think I can cash out, want to ride it all the way anyway. It will pay for a week long celebration.

The odds have come down massively. Not sure what inspired me back in early November, the week before I had checked and we where at 100/1!!

Thanks! Hope I haven't jinxed the fuck out of it.

Don't think I can cash out, want to ride it all the way anyway. It will pay for a week long celebration.

The odds have come down massively. Not sure what inspired me back in early November, the week before I had checked and we where at 100/1!!

I'm calling it. Spurs to win the PL, 100/1 with SkyBet. A tentative tenner and adding to it while the price remains absurdly generous.

4th favourites behind Sheikhty(10/11), some South London team we've just schooled (13/8) and the footballing colossus that is Manchester United (7/1).

Fill your boots, each way, clearly.

Premier League Winner Betting Odds | Oddschecker

You're welcome.

:sherwoodlol:

I've been a "one game at a time" man for quite a while but these last three results, especially the result at Watford, have made me dream a bit...I'll have to sort that out right away...

Back
Top Bottom