Can we win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we win the league?

• Yes we can and we will, we are a strong team

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • We have a chance but it is unlikely

Votes: 116 81.7%
  • We have absolutely zero chance of being champions

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I think we have a chance because everybody is dropping points. Any team that goes on a run has the opportunity to create some distance between themselves and the rest. It will come down to whoever finds that run of consistency in my opinion.

There are some great signs ... we have a manager with a strategy, who has now proven that he can adapt his tictacs depending on the opposition (ie, playing 3-4-2-1 vs Watford). The players are also clearly buying into his regime and we have a great team spirit ... something that is missing in many other teams.

We're banging in the goals, and we have the best goal difference and defence in the league .. everything looks good.

My concerns are that we may not be able to withstand the full on pressing game for the full season. We're looking good at the moment because there are no cup games in midweek and the players are getting plenty of rest. I worry that this will change once the Europe League and FA Cup begins. I think that was our downfall last season, so I'm hoping Poch is ready to rotate the squad and bring in another striker to help Harry. If we end up with FA Cups replays to contend with it could be really detrimental to our fitness come the pointy end of the season.

I certainly think top three is a distinct possibility at the moment, but winning it will come down to so many factors that it's not really worth considering yet.

i think people look way too deeply in to stuff in football.
if the ball had been an inch more over the line then we lose 2-1.

that doesnt mean id say same old spurs, crumbling.
it was just 1 of those games that could have gone either way.
either side could have nicked it. same with the newcastle game.

so because it wasnt an inch more over the line, this means we showed great strength & character!
the playerss mentally willed the ball not to go any further over the line.

so did we crumble in the newcastle game? should we have questioned our mentality & top 4 hopes after that.
no, it was just 1 of those games where it goes wrong & the players dont perform.
it happens. will happen again too.

also we have got way less last minute winners this season. so does that mean we were mentally stronger last year?
nope it doesnt.

its a long old season! just a bad run of 5 or 6 games & we could be a few places outside the top 4.

as mentioned a million times before, we are 1 kane injury away from being a much weaker & blunter team.

i cant see levy really backing poch with a decent kane & dier back up in january.
we would need that to challenge for the title.

title talk will just leave u disappointed.
So true about Newcastle game and small margins. It's not a shit league this year, it's a close league with the teams in the middle having improved a lot, and City/United/Chelsea realising there's more to football than throwing money at a problem. There have been loads of close games like the Watford and Newcastle ones, some will go our way, others won't.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck where we finish, I like what I'm seeing on the field, I like the general feel around the team and I like feeling as tho we are again moving forward rather than in another season of transition, surely progress is the most important thing especially when other teams seem to be stagnant or moving backwards

Back
Top Bottom