Building the best squad - and we need what?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gallagher can suck a camel's dick, the Chav twat. But then so can Eze, Olise, Neto...and any other player with an injury record a la Sessegnon, no matter how excellent they may be when fit.

Apart from that, you're pretty much bang on, my friend.

But I really don't see Levy signing off on all them needs, let alone spend what's required. We'll get Werner cause he's cheap fee-wise. Couple loans from big overseas team perhaps. Maybe...maybe...a 40ish mil player, hoping he doesn't turn into a new Lo Celso/Domb/Sanchez. We'll be told to be patient, trust the process, something special is happening blah blah blah.

I love Ange's ambition, that he wants us to win big...but give him time and he'll realise where he's at. We haven't won squat in ages and the last thing we did was the shitty League Cup. When you tone down all the bullshit from the club's PR & the Supremo, really we're just aiming to be the best of the rest. And Levy ain't spending 200 or so mil for the usual P4-6 finish + early exits from cup comps.

That's the reality we live in and have been for decades, though some choose to believe it's gonna change. Despite Ange saying he's no magician, neither was Conte.

Fully agree.

The hope and ambition this club has sold to build it's equity portfolio..... is a fucking scam.

Our model is very simple:

How much can we achieve whilst operating as a business and only as a business?
How can we keep the customers loyal and extract the most value out of them as possible in the process?

It's no different to any other business except the CEO of the company likes to sell dreams and say shit like "We all want to win trophies". He knows his model isn't built to win trophies. If it randomly achieves a trophy or 2 then great but the model comes first.

Fully agree.

The hope and ambition this club has sold to build it's equity portfolio..... is a fucking scam.

How can we keep the customers loyal and extract the most value out of them as possible in the process?

It's no different to any other business except the CEO of the company likes to sell dreams and say shit like "We all want to win trophies". He knows his model isn't built to win trophies. If it randomly achieves a trophy or 2 then great but the model comes first.
Lads, I think John Thomas John Thomas has taken possession of TFC Richy's soul

Fully agree.

You have nailed it, the Enic business model in a nutshell.

You have nailed it, the Enic business model in a nutshell.
It's a scam. And, ironically, the chief architect himself is being sentenced in a New York courtroom later this month after openly admitting he's a scammer while his sidekick continues with his snout deep in the Premier League trough.

It's a scam. And, ironically, the chief architect himself is being sentenced in a New York courtroom later this month after openly admitting he's a scammer while his sidekick continues with his snout deep in the Premier League trough.
Meanwhile the club, continues to masquerade as a big one, with the manager (whoever they are) having one hand tied behind their back, trying to achieve CL football for them.

We need a top striker, another creative midfielder (eze), two central defenders (have a feeling romero might go to real madrid), back up to udogie and porro and another 2nd choice keeper, plus any top young talent to boost the squad or send on loan to get experience.

We have this midfielder due to join us but we absolutely must buy better quality in that part of the pitch.

We leave our defenders too exposed and the midfield offers too little to the front men, especially since Maddison has inexplicably beem iff for so long. I do think Bentancur, with a proper pre-season will be much better. Bissouma is simply not good enough.

A striker of quality is also a must. Richarlison needs to be moved on
Not got the assets, physically or mentally. Trossard would have given us more for less.

We need another full back and a back-up goalie.

5 players in total, and at least 2, if not 3 of those need to become regular starters.

I could make a list but TBH I think the answer is just our starting front three. If you look at our goalkeeper, defence and midfield, I don’t think we’re a million miles off the best teams in Europe but our front three is

Yeah, the others were down to system being shit and exposing the defence.

You any fucking clue what makes a system good or bad?

How about how to build one at a new club and what might go right or wrong?

Or just taking cheap shots based on the recent results?

Mate, you have said it, that’s cool you and the crew feel “these things need to be said”. You aren’t enlightening anyone or opening their eyes to some incredible truth. You are just fucking whining like little baby.

Look at the players whose absence would hurt most and bring in players who can step in when they go out. A good backup for Maddison would be useful. I don't think it is too early to think about who replaces Son. A lot depends on whether Richarlison can come back to good form and whether Spurs management has faith in him. If they can't answer that in the affirmative it's probably bet to let him move on and invest in a replacement.

Fully agree.

Old post but I agree. It's become quite clear and I've mostly made peace with it this season.

We are the 4-5th highest-earning club in England and Levy has us perfectly calibrated to reliably finish 4-5th in the league. Any cup runs a nice bonus but not part of the strategy at all.

Back
Top Bottom