Bongani Khumalo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have absolutely no issues with Khumalo picking up a few thousand a week (ie next to nothing, in football terms) if the club consider him to be a useful mentor for the youth lads. There is no way he'd consistently be our U21 captain if he wasn't great behind the scenes and guiding the youngsters, particularly the defenders. And I will completely trust the club's judgement on that!

Carter-Vickers looked very comfortable alongside him at CB last night. Playing alongside someone of his experience should help him develop nicely.

I can also only assume that Khumalo is content to have the role he has at the club, so it's a no lose situation really.
If he is happy to play that mentor role I'd be more than happy for him to get Europa League & early round cup games!

I have absolutely no issues with Khumalo picking up a few thousand a week (ie next to nothing, in football terms) if the club consider him to be a useful mentor for the youth lads. There is no way he'd consistently be our U21 captain if he wasn't great behind the scenes and guiding the youngsters, particularly the defenders. And I will completely trust the club's judgement on that!

Carter-Vickers looked very comfortable alongside him at CB last night. Playing alongside someone of his experience should help him develop nicely.

I can also only assume that Khumalo is content to have the role he has at the club, so it's a no lose situation really.
Spot on. Here are Carter-Vickers comments about him from last night:
“It was a big game and a great learning curve for me, especially playing alongside Bongani Khumalo, who has fantastic experience.

“We spoke before the match and then afterwards about what we might have done better. It’s been a good night.”

For reference you can watch in the match thread for the U21 game.

One of the posts were:

Khumalo :pochfacepalm:

That was before he had Falcao in his pocket.

Tbf, I missed the first ten minutes but after that he didn't really put a foot wrong. Also naturally I'm exaggerating slightly because it's amusing. Carter-Vickers also had a role but Falcao was anonymous.

No, come on. The point of having him is South African marketing. Thats it, there is no other reason.

I do wonder how much we've actually earned from South African marketing? Is that a big market and does having Khumalo with us influence that? :adegrin2:

All in all it's a really, really strange one.

No, come on. The point of having him is South African marketing. Thats it, there is no other reason.
Yeah of course that was the reason, yet we kept playing him and captaining him at U21 instead of giving a young guy a constant spot. Which led me/others to think hes a good leader and mentor for tbe younger guys

World Cup in South Africa 2010: Captain Khumalo scored the first goal after 21 minutes against France as South Africa finished their World Cup campaign with a 2–1 win.....

.....Signs for Spurs 3 months afterwards 1.5Million for a population of 50million loving the player, worth a shot:levyeyes:

giphy.gif

I think I saw Khumalo play once for us. Pre-season tour against some South African team, might have been Orlando Pirates.

He looked like a cross between Ledley King, Paolo Maldini and Calum Davenport

Back
Top Bottom