Bongani Khumalo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...so I can't have been the only one to see this thread resurrected and assumed he'd either retired, been found wandering the streets homeless and disorientated, or a bit of both!

I think Levy has Keyser Sozed us.

The greatest trick Bongani ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Last edited:
Whatever we are paying him is worth it. He is a warning for all the younger players, train hard or you could end up like Bongani. Personally, I think he should get more credit for the development of 'The Bentaleb Crew' than Sherwood

Mmmmm....how is really going ?
We are quick to right him off yet thru injury, loans we have seen him perform.
I wonder if Poch sees otherwise for next yr ?
Not my decision, don't know the guy, regardless he is another asset to Levy (albeit an underperforming asset - then again we have a few).

i'd would cho-cho-choose Lord and Savior - The Legendary Bong over Kaboul. For me Khumalo is unknown quality, and if he is worse than Kaboul then so what, were not gonna win with Kaboul on the field anyways.

Forgotten defender Bongani Khumalo matched up against superstar Radamel Falcao and could hold his head high after the clash at Old Trafford.

The two internationals went head to head for Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United's under-21s, as two of the senior players on show.

Falcao was substituted off with a quarter of an hour remaining, unable to find the scoresheet and show first team boss Louis van Gaal why he was wrong to leave him on the bench in the FA Cup loss to Woolwich 24 hours earlier.

Khumalo, a South African international, has not played for the first team all season, recovering from a serious knee injury late last year and being used as a regular for the under-21s since as he seeks to get his career back on track.

Going up against Colombian star Falcao, formerly so prolific when at Porto and then Atletico Madrid, will have been quite a test for the centre-back, but it was one he was able to say he passed and if nothing else, will be a nice confidence boost for him.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...s-bongani-khumalo-shuts-down-radamel-falcao/?

Forgotten defender Bongani Khumalo matched up against superstar Radamel Falcao and could hold his head high after the clash at Old Trafford.

The two internationals went head to head for Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United's under-21s, as two of the senior players on show.

Falcao was substituted off with a quarter of an hour remaining, unable to find the scoresheet and show first team boss Louis van Gaal why he was wrong to leave him on the bench in the FA Cup loss to Woolwich 24 hours earlier.

Khumalo, a South African international, has not played for the first team ever, recovering from a serious knee injury late last year and being used as a regular for the under-21s since as he seeks to continue collecting a paycheck in the reserves.

Going up against Colombian star Falcao, formerly so prolific when at Porto and then Atletico Madrid, will have been quite a test for the centre-back, but it was one he was able to say he passed and if nothing else, will be a nice confidence boost for him.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...s-bongani-khumalo-shuts-down-radamel-falcao/?
Corrected that for them.

Actually dominated Falcao last night. It was incredible.

Will he get a chance in the first team under Poch do you think?

No, almost certainly not. Still, while he is ridiculed consistently I think it is clear that the club value his influence and leadership at u21s level. While it isn't ideal for a player we bought it isn't without worth either when you consider the importance of our academy going forward.

I have absolutely no issues with Khumalo picking up a few thousand a week (ie next to nothing, in football terms) if the club consider him to be a useful mentor for the youth lads. There is no way he'd consistently be our U21 captain if he wasn't great behind the scenes and guiding the youngsters, particularly the defenders. And I will completely trust the club's judgement on that!

Carter-Vickers looked very comfortable alongside him at CB last night. Playing alongside someone of his experience should help him develop nicely.

I can also only assume that Khumalo is content to have the role he has at the club, so it's a no lose situation really.

Those reports of him dominating Falcao (admittingly did well the last hour) has left out the part where did two huge mistakes that gave united clear run at our goal where they almost scored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom