Bongani Khumalo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RrXkvul.png

There is blood on the hands of everyone who did not post in his thread. If only he was more of a cult hero, maybe he would have stayed. Somehow we will move on but our legacy of inaction will linger on. Adieu bongz, spurs legend

Well, he turned out to be like one of those strange local boozes you sometimes bring back from holiday. And then couple of months later you stare at the unopened bottle and think why you bothered to buy it.

I have absolutely no issues with Khumalo picking up a few thousand a week (ie next to nothing, in football terms) if the club consider him to be a useful mentor for the youth lads. There is no way he'd consistently be our U21 captain if he wasn't great behind the scenes and guiding the youngsters, particularly the defenders. And I will completely trust the club's judgement on that!

Carter-Vickers looked very comfortable alongside him at CB last night. Playing alongside someone of his experience should help him develop nicely.

I can also only assume that Khumalo is content to have the role he has at the club, so it's a no lose situation really.

Obviously he's a flop but I think it might be the case that he's a good influence or leader for our academy players. Otherwise I'm not sure the club would persist with him.

Whatever we are paying him is worth it. He is a warning for all the younger players, train hard or you could end up like Bongani. Personally, I think he should get more credit for the development of 'The Bentaleb Crew' than Sherwood

I have absolutely no issues with Khumalo picking up a few thousand a week (ie next to nothing, in football terms) if the club consider him to be a useful mentor for the youth lads. There is no way he'd consistently be our U21 captain if he wasn't great behind the scenes and guiding the youngsters, particularly the defenders. And I will completely trust the club's judgement on that!

Carter-Vickers looked very comfortable alongside him at CB last night. Playing alongside someone of his experience should help him develop nicely.

I can also only assume that Khumalo is content to have the role he has at the club, so it's a no lose situation really.
Spot on. Here are Carter-Vickers comments about him from last night:
“It was a big game and a great learning curve for me, especially playing alongside Bongani Khumalo, who has fantastic experience.

“We spoke before the match and then afterwards about what we might have done better. It’s been a good night.”

Forgotten defender Bongani Khumalo matched up against superstar Radamel Falcao and could hold his head high after the clash at Old Trafford.

The two internationals went head to head for Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United's under-21s, as two of the senior players on show.

Falcao was substituted off with a quarter of an hour remaining, unable to find the scoresheet and show first team boss Louis van Gaal why he was wrong to leave him on the bench in the FA Cup loss to Woolwich 24 hours earlier.

Khumalo, a South African international, has not played for the first team ever, recovering from a serious knee injury late last year and being used as a regular for the under-21s since as he seeks to continue collecting a paycheck in the reserves.

Going up against Colombian star Falcao, formerly so prolific when at Porto and then Atletico Madrid, will have been quite a test for the centre-back, but it was one he was able to say he passed and if nothing else, will be a nice confidence boost for him.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...s-bongani-khumalo-shuts-down-radamel-falcao/?
Corrected that for them.

Those reports of him dominating Falcao (admittingly did well the last hour) has left out the part where did two huge mistakes that gave united clear run at our goal where they almost scored.

Last edited:
The South Africa international once again captained our side as we drew 0-0 at Southampton in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League on Monday evening – the lads creating a number of second half opportunities without beating Saints goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga.:gazza:

Back
Top Bottom