Benteke, Austin or Ings?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benteke, Austin or Ings?

• Benteke

• Austin

• Ings

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think that it's not worth the bother in Benteke's case as he isn't an upgrade on Kane, and would take a lot of work and cash. If we want a striker there are cheaper options available for what we need.

We are buying a back-up. Let's be clear. This club is pretty clearly hitching itself to the Harry Kane train and anyone who doesn't like that is going to be disappointed.

Should we buy the best striker we can? Yes. But that comes with the need to balance that against other priorities. We need a good defensive/holding midfielder a lot more than Christian Benteke.

We'd probably need to pay 20+ million for each, and I doubt Levy will be willing to pay 40 million for 2 players. Ergo, Benteke is not worth the money or the potential headaches.
Fair enough, but can't say I agree, look at the teams above us, everyone has options, we have one man who is 21yrs old and he has just had a terrific breakout season, can he do it again next year? Even if he did repeat his terrific season next year we wouldn't be a better team. We have to make signings that improve us & IMO a priority signing is striker.

hmm i would not get a striker tbh sell ade put chadli in the ST spot,( atleast we know he gonna score some goals) is from the player typ a lot like kane also they both have the nr.10 vison for passes. hold bobby for a version of a 2 striker for now focus on 2 left winger who gonna free the right side. Chelski boss said some months ago that he is open to sell player to rival clubs

Piazon could be one for the futer watched some games

MIrallas also not bad ,

A work colleague of mine went to school with Austin. He said he's a right cunt. Only reason he didn't make it earlier was that he was a pretty dodgy character and got himself in a lot of trouble. Seems to have turned it around to be fair, but would much rather Ings or Benteke. Not sure Benteke is a Pochettino player though..

Basically, we need someone whose ego won't be raped at the thought of potentially playing second fiddle to a fully fit, fully firing Harry Kane. I'm pretty sure that Harry's ego won't be at all hurt by the thought of competition/strike partner. He learned his trade the hard way by being loaned out with the lack of certainty that entails. I don't think he is the type to pull his face. Benteke would want to be #1 & I think could be a difficult cunt. Berahino most definitely could be a cunt without lacing up his boots & walking on the pitch. Ings is Mr Nice & I'd love him at The Lane. Austin??? Not sure what to make of him at all.

It remains to be seen if kane can repeat this seasons success, in the event he cannot we MUST have an alternative in place.

Benteke is easily the best all round, hes got it all in his locker. Bullies oppo back 4's like Drogba used to and thats not something easily done. Problem is i dont see him or the other two coming to be on the bench behind Kane - what we really need is someone the other end of the age spectrum who is happy to come here for a change (and a proper inside left to compete with Chadli)

.... Or we look to the Championship and find a player less in the spotlight at the moment who wants to be in the prem (Rhodes etc)

klrn4JR.png

Very interesting that there's such an even range of opinions, we all want different things.
Anyone who voted for Austin or Ings is wrong :troll:

Benteke, if we decide to simply sign the best striker available to a club of our status, regardless of any potential injury issues with the player.

Ings is the cheap option, Kane knows him from U21 games but I would rather we went for Berahino due to his ability to work across all forward roles.

Austin is the unfashionable option and hasn't been given the respect he deserves for being impressive in a dire QPR team with very little service.

Adebayor? Soldado?........Adebayor to Villa to help us sign Benteke would be my first choice but I expect us to be stuck with Soldado and go with the cheapest option available with hope that Soldado settles next year.

Benteke, if we decide to simply sign the best striker available to a club of our status, regardless of any potential injury issues with the player.

Ings is the cheap option, Kane knows him from U21 games but I would rather we went for Berahino due to his ability to work across all forward roles.

Austin is the unfashionable option and hasn't been given the respect he deserves for being impressive in a dire QPR team with very little service.

Adebayor? Soldado?........Adebayor to Villa to help us sign Benteke would be my first choice but I expect us to be stuck with Soldado and go with the cheapest option available with hope that Soldado settles next year.
Welcome to the forum Tim - but no mate. :adebaehug:

Seriously - I think the evenness of the the voting is interesting. By my calculations none of us can agree on anything.

I'm not sure about Austin. He missed some absolute sitters against us. I know that's only one game but that's pretty much all I can judge him on.

Seriously - I think the evenness of the the voting is interesting. By my calculations none of us can agree on anything.

Thanks Joe :adethumbup:

....My bad for not paying attention to the vote re Austin but was more speaking from a general view as Austin isn't a player that I expect us to consider.

Benteke, I know some fans aren't keen as Kane is number 1 and Benteke wouldn't play second choice but what happens if Kane doesn't push on next year or gets injured? Not meaning to be negative on my 2nd post :)

But if we can shift Soldado and replace him with Benteke then anyone going to object?

Thanks Joe :adethumbup:

....My bad for not paying attention to the vote re Austin but was more speaking from a general view as Austin isn't a player that I expect us to consider.

Benteke, I know some fans aren't keen as Kane is number 1 and Benteke wouldn't play second choice but what happens if Kane doesn't push on next year or gets injured? Not meaning to be negative on my 2nd post :)

But if we can shift Soldado and replace him with Benteke then anyone going to object?
No

Back
Top Bottom