Benteke, Austin or Ings?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benteke, Austin or Ings?

• Benteke

• Austin

• Ings

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're in desperate need of a new striker. If we go into the transfer market to find this, it will likely be one of these 3 strikers with Premier league experience.

Who would be the best option?

I don't think it'll be likely to be any of those three.

Ings - Liverpool bound
Benteke - Sherwood would riot if they sold him to us, I can't imagine we'd be the only team bidding for him
Austin - Not sure on, to be honest, I can see him going to Southampton

Theres a risk with Benteke, maybe he's another Ade and only a certain type of motivational manager can get him going.

We're in desperate need of a new striker. If we go into the transfer market to find this, it will likely be one of these 3 strikers with Premier league experience.

Who would be the best option?
Likely none of the above. Benteke isn't on the list, for sure.

I think Austin would be the best option, since he seems like the one least likely to be in a bidding war.

Likely none of the above. Benteke isn't on the list, for sure.

I think Austin would be the best option, since he seems like the one least likely to be in a bidding war.
Well he should be. He`s the best of the 3 mentioned, We`re supposed to be a big club, we`ve made record profits, have plenty of money and based in London. Remember, this is the player who was distraught after he signed for Villa because his agent had falsely told him they were a London club.
But your right, we probably won`t be after him. We`ll probably end up battling Palace and Bournmouth for Charlie Austin.

Well he should be. He`s the best of the 3 mentioned, We`re supposed to be a big club, we`ve made record profits, have plenty of money and based in London. Remember, this is the player who was distraught after he signed for Villa because his agent had falsely told him they were a London club.
But your right, we probably won`t be after him. We`ll probably end up battling Palace and Bournmouth for Charlie Austin.
He's also the starting striker at Aston Villa. Why would he want to come to Spurs to play as Harry Kane's back-up? Villa will match any wages we offer because they have to, so it's not like we offer him any upside. And paying 20+ million for a back-up striker, which is what it would cost to get him out of Aston Villa, is pretty dim, when we need the money to spent on guys who will actually be first choice instead.

Really not seeing why people think we'd be in the market for him.

Austin and Benteke are both out and out striker. Poch favours a lone striker formation so we won't sign them as they are too expensive(20-25m) to be a sub.

I believe Ings could actually play wide if I'm not wrong so he is probably the best choice.

Theres a risk with Benteke, maybe he's another Ade and only a certain type of motivational manager can get him going.
He's a bit shy and needs a manager that believes in him but he's very hard working and focussed but as been said here - he will be nr 1 striker, no way is someone of his quality coming to play backup

Benteke: too expensive - Villa will want about £25m

Ings: I would like Ings, but it looks like he'll be going to Liverpol

Austin: he'll probably want to go to a team where he'll be the first choice striker

Back
Top Bottom