Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deserves a run of games over Christmas, a) to get a proper chance to show off and b) so Danny doesn't get complacent thinking he can just stroll back into the starting XI on average form

I thought he done really well on sunday. Going forward he isn't the greatest, but his mind is to defend first which is exactly what we need. He is young and has plenty of time to improve. He should be our first choice at left back in my opinion.

Completely agree Justin. Too many times I feel Rose is too quick to get up and find himself in a position to assist a goal instead of focusing on defense. Davies can move the ball up, get it to one of our mids and have the mindset to not forget his defending first and foremost.

The more I see this lad, the more I don't think he is good enough. He just doesn't seem to have much about him. He is the definition of average. Average at the back. Average going forward. Average crossing. Average pace. Nothing about him excites me. He is not capable of beating his man often enough, and he lacks the pace to get back when we get countered.

I really can't see how he has improved the squad, and he certainly hasn't looked better than Rose this season.
Had his best game against Everton in a Spurs shirt to date (as did most of the team!). He looked really solid at the back, seemed to communicate well with Verts, and was very tidy in possession.

My assessment above may very well have been premature. If he can keep performing like that, he'll be a real asset to the team.

cPYvRjF.gif

Mugging off McGeady.

:dwi:

cPYvRjF.gif

Mugging off McGeady.

:dwi:

You don't see Rose ever showing that much fight. Rose would just back off, put a leg out half heartedly to stop the cross and then moan about the defense.

Was happy when we got him and still think Davies is great, will be top class in another 2-3 years.

You don't see Rose ever showing that much fight. Rose would just back off, put a leg out half heartedly to stop the cross and then moan about the defense.

Was happy when we got him and still think Davies is great, will be top class in another 2-3 years.
Oh that's bollocks. Davies was very impressive on Sunday but it's no reason to mug off Rose. Rose fights hard in games, sometimes he could read the game better but when he's back he dam well fights hard for the ball. As a result he's made some fantastic slide tackles and goal bound blocks this season.

If you want to have a look at the stats they're here and certainly don't support what you're saying about Rose. http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30

Oh that's bollocks. Davies was very impressive on Sunday but it's no reason to mug off Rose. Rose fights hard in games, sometimes he could read the game better but when he's back he dam well fights hard for the ball. As a result he's made some fantastic slide tackles and goal bound blocks this season.

If you want to have a look at the stats they're here and certainly don't support what you're saying about Rose. http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30

Minutes played:
Davies: 198
Rose: 965.

Shock, horror. Rose gets a run of games at left back, has 5 times as many minutes and therefore has a whole 1.2 more tackles a game than Davies! Of course this must mean Rose is a God.

Stats explain fuck all half the time. Do they show how many time Rose gets skinned? How many crosses he lets get past him? How no one beat Davies last weekend?

If you want to go down the whole stats argument, Davies beat Rose in every single category last year. More goals, more accurate crosses, more tackles, twice as many passes, more interceptions. He played more minutes, but you don't seem to care about that. http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...-davies-but-how-does-he-compare-with-danny-r/

Minutes played:
Davies: 198
Rose: 965.

Shock, horror. Rose gets a run of games at left back, has 5 times as many minutes and therefore has a whole 1.2 more tackles a game than Davies! Of course this must mean Rose is a God.

Stats explain fuck all half the time. Do they show how many time Rose gets skinned? How many crosses he lets get past him? How no one beat Davies last weekend?

If you want to go down the whole stats argument, Davies beat Rose in every single category last year. More goals, more accurate crosses, more tackles, twice as many passes, more interceptions. He played more minutes, but you don't seem to care about that. http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...-davies-but-how-does-he-compare-with-danny-r/
I pointed to the stats as a closing point, sue me.

Though if you're going to argue about sample size, which I agree is an issue when comparing these two in the league, then it's worth mentioning that Davies has now had one start in an 11 which played the most intense football we'd seen all season. Yet you're somehow suggesting this means Davies has a lot more fight in him that Rose.

Don't give me that sample size bollocks when your initial post was laced with it.

Don't give me that sample size bollocks when your initial post was laced with it.

My original comment was a light hearted one that Davies won a tackle, withstood immense pressure and had the intelligence to get out of the situation.

I don't think Rose would have done this, as he would have been closer to their corner flag, making a completely ill-judged lung busting run for their corner flag to put in a dog shite cross which over-hits everyone.

If you disagree, that's fine, lets not get into a 10 page rant over it. I think Davies is better, you disagree (?).

My original comment was a light hearted one that Davies won a tackle, withstood immense pressure and had the intelligence to get out of the situation.

I don't think Rose would have done this, as he would have been closer to their corner flag, making a completely ill-judged lung busting run for their corner flag to put in a dog shite cross which over-hits everyone.

If you disagree, that's fine, lets not get into a 10 page rant over it. I think Davies is better, you disagree (?).
Fair enough, though you're kind of putting words into my mouth there. I don't really know who is better at the moment I just don't like the, what I perceive to be, unjustified stick Rose gets.

wat a load of bollocks

Rose is one of the feistiest scrappiest cunts in the squad.

why when praising one player do people often deem it necessary to mug off his competition? :pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom