Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, pardon my ignorance, but in England do you all pronounce the name Davies as Davis all the time or just with him. I had never seen his name spelt out before he became linked with us, and I knew the pronunciation, but if I didn't I would have assumed it was Dave-EE's.

I had been pronouncing it Dave-EEs. Was confused by the Toronto friendly with them calling him davis

So, pardon my ignorance, but in England do you all pronounce the name Davies as Davis all the time or just with him. I had never seen his name spelt out before he became linked with us, and I knew the pronunciation, but if I didn't I would have assumed it was Dave-EE's.

That's how I'd pronounce it as an Englishman

as much as I like rose this season, he only seems to ever look good in a winning team. Not surprising really considering his more attacking than defensive..still think davies needs to be started, its not like his raw, having already played in 2 PL seasons.
if we don't, I think its abit of a joke that we signed davies and an unregistered vorm for siggi..considering how Siggi's played and the fact that our two haven't even got off the bench..
also considering eriksens been playing like his mind is else where

The more I see this lad, the more I don't think he is good enough. He just doesn't seem to have much about him. He is the definition of average. Average at the back. Average going forward. Average crossing. Average pace. Nothing about him excites me. He is not capable of beating his man often enough, and he lacks the pace to get back when we get countered.

I really can't see how he has improved the squad, and he certainly hasn't looked better than Rose this season.

Davies is far less dynamic than Rose but I know who I trust more when it comes to defending. He seems far more reserved in his wingplay, which isn't something I deem to be a bad quality, I'm sure he has the engine to keep running past the midfield and take position like Rose does further up the pitch. I think this is a reflection of playing with Swansea, where their buildup play was more patient and so he had time to slowly work his way up the field, rather than with Tottenham sometimes we want to see our fullbacks bomb it fast as they can up the field.

Had a great game on Sunday, I think he should be starting ahead of Rose at the moment. Wish I could find a gif of that battle he had with McGeady where he mugged him off.

I haven't been so impressed with his performances, but I thought he had a very solid game this week. He did a great job of closing down the flank, which allowed Eriksen to push inside. If he can keep up those performances, there's no reason that Rose should get the start ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom