Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wat a load of bollocks

Rose is one of the feistiest scrappiest cunts in the squad.

why when praising one player do people often deem it necessary to mug off his competition? :pochfacepalm:

giphy.gif

This sums up my problem with Rose and why I rate Davies so much higher.

Makes a good pass, gets massively out of position just to steal the ball off Chadli who was in a better position.

I want him to do well, but I don't rate him that highly. If he has a good game I'll say he did, just like I have with Davies. Start of the season he was one of our best performers.

giphy.gif

Makes a good pass, gets massively out of position just to steal the ball off Chadli who was in a better position.

I want him to do well, but I don't rate him that highly. If he has a good game I'll say he did, just like I have with Davies. Start of the season he was one of our best performers.

mate put the shovel down, that was at the beginning of last season ffs

I hope Davies gets a lot more chances this season. That defensive performance against Everton was better than any defensive performance I've ever seen from Rose. Davies is only gonna get better on the offensive end as well.

I hope Davies gets a lot more chances this season. That defensive performance against Everton was better than any defensive performance I've ever seen from Rose. Davies is only gonna get better on the offensive end as well.

Rose isn't a left back. Davies is. I think there has been an attempt to convert Rose into a left back but it clearly hasn't worked. I was gobsmacked when he was offered a new deal. Not good enough.

giphy.gif

More like offers support down the left flank with a good run, has the advantage of momentum so takes the ball with him. If he doesn't do it Chadli is outnumbered.

Wasn't Davies one of the most dribbled past players last season too?

I like them both btw.

ROSE HAS BEEN OUT FOR A FEW GAMES INJURED AFTER A VERY GOOD START TO THE SEASON, WHY IS HE NOT GOOD ENOUGH?!?

Jesus, the statement 'football fans can't see past the last game' seems so true sometimes.

ROSE HAS BEEN OUT FOR A FEW GAMES INJURED AFTER A VERY GOOD START TO THE SEASON, WHY IS HE NOT GOOD ENOUGH?!?

Jesus, the statement 'football fans can't see past the last game' seems so true sometimes.
Because he's not very good defensively. Sure he can come up with some crunching slide tackles and is exciting going forward but the number of times he gets caught too far up the pitch or doesn't track a man that's running in behind him is far too high. Davies showed that he can a fantastic defender last week, something Rose has never shown. Not to mention that Rose is a terrible crosser and Davies seems to at least put a decent ball in the box.

More like offers support down the left flank with a good run, has the advantage of momentum so takes the ball with him. If he doesn't do it Chadli is outnumbered.

Wasn't Davies one of the most dribbled past players last season too?

I like them both btw.

Chadli and Soldado are 2 on 2, with him cutting inside (The players you can see are their CB's, not RB) This could have easily led to a goal for Soldado. Instead Rose runs down the left, puts in a cross and it's 2 v 1 against Soldado because Chadli can't get in the box fast enough.

I'm pleased with our two left backs - they each have their own style of play, which will come very useful when setting up to play different teams. Rose is more attacking (and faster), where as you feel safer with Davies defensively.

Chadli and Soldado are 2 on 2, with him cutting inside (The players you can see are their CB's, not RB) This could have easily led to a goal for Soldado. Instead Rose runs down the left, puts in a cross and it's 2 v 1 against Soldado because Chadli can't get in the box fast enough.
It's not a 2 on 2 really though, Chadli is so wide that the surrounding scum players will without a doubt recover before he gets central. If that's Bale then maybe.

I'm pleased with our two left backs - they each have their own style of play, which will come very useful when setting up to play different teams. Rose is more attacking (and faster), where as you feel safer with Davies defensively.
only thing is Rose is shit going forward. pacey and that's it. if he puts a good ball in it's a surprise, if Davies puts a good ball in it's no surprise, he did it for Swansea and he's already been putting decent balls in for us even when he wasn't playing that well.

Rose makes too many mistakes I'm afraid, he's definitely cost us goals this season, he's not the only one so I'm not singling him out but we need to be more solid defensively and switching Rose out is one part in solving that. He has the right physical attributes but struggles with positioning and decision making. Maybe Poch can work on him long term but for now I'd be more comfortable with Davies starting.

Rose makes too many mistakes I'm afraid, he's definitely cost us goals this season, he's not the only one so I'm not singling him out but we need to be more solid defensively and switching Rose out is one part in solving that. He has the right physical attributes but struggles with positioning and decision making. Maybe Poch can work on him long term but for now I'd be more comfortable with Davies starting.

This is the precisely correct.

I think I get it, people were quick onto Rose's back in the past so they somehow feel it validates their opinion more if they slate him more now. He was really good at the start of the season and this thread showed almost only praise for him, yet now he's been injured for a month or so, some people re-emerge to slate him.

Because he's not very good defensively. Sure he can come up with some crunching slide tackles and is exciting going forward but the number of times he gets caught too far up the pitch or doesn't track a man that's running in behind him is far too high. Davies showed that he can a fantastic defender last week, something Rose has never shown. Not to mention that Rose is a terrible crosser and Davies seems to at least put a decent ball in the box.

Davies got caught out numerous times in our last europa match and Stambouli had to bust his bollocks trying to get back and cover.

Back
Top Bottom