Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben Davies:pochbye:
Thought he played well yesterday, he is a tidy player, has got that gangly posture and doesn't look entirely athletic but he's pretty quick and put in a few really good cut backs when I would of expected him to just lump it into the box.

Gazza for me will always be a what if, so much talent if only he had the attitude of Bale to development and fitness, rare player a flawed genius as the saying goes. Probably the most naturally gifted player Spurs have ever had. I know up in Scotland Rangers fans still love him as well.
yeh he shat on everyone up here, and did not bad for then in europe as well. But let me be clear Rangers are fucking cunts especially their fans.

Im kinda ehh....with this signing. Seems a bit slow (def slower than Rose) and not as adept getting forward, but he seems to have a better eye for defending.

Played ok in yesterday's friendly, which I guess not being mentioned is a good quality for a defender, but I don't see this kid as a top lb for a top club.

I hope he proves me wrong.

I think we've been crying out for a decent (young) LB every Summer since Bale decided he was better suited further up the left side (meh, his loss!!), then BAE 'lol'd himself out of the club, and Rose failed to build on his amazing debut...
...now we've got one. Poch recognised this instantly, and he's been here what, 2 and a bit months? Poch knows!

Im kinda ehh....with this signing. Seems a bit slow (def slower than Rose) and not as adept getting forward, but he seems to have a better eye for defending.

Played ok in yesterday's friendly, which I guess not being mentioned is a good quality for a defender, but I don't see this kid as a top lb for a top club.

judging him on one half of a friendly sigh sigh sighhhhhhhhhh

I know he should play on the left back and from what I've seen last seasons he did very well, but sometimes I think he might be well suited as a DM aswell. Very good defensive skills, very good passing. I'd love to see how he does alongside a typical box-to-box-player in the midfield, maybe against a weaker opponent or in the Europa league.

He did seem sort of slow, but I actually rewatched the 1st half last night, and I think he looked slow because the whole attack was slow.

Just watched the interview with him on spurs tv.

What the hell is up with his accent he sounds half Danish or something

I'm glad that as a yank even I realized that something just didn't sound right. His voice still isn't as annoying as Harry Kane's lisp.

Speed and getting forward really isn't everything. Rose is a top athlete who loves bombing up the wing, and I don't want to see him ever start another game for us.

Yes he can be selfish but I found his passing range and ability to play players not in his field of vision top draw, yes he is young and needs to learn but his football brain is not comparable to Townsend.
Ross Barkley got fewer assists than Senderos last year, despite having twice the playing time

So, pardon my ignorance, but in England do you all pronounce the name Davies as Davis all the time or just with him. I had never seen his name spelt out before he became linked with us, and I knew the pronunciation, but if I didn't I would have assumed it was Dave-EE's.

Back
Top Bottom