Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not a 2 on 2 really though, Chadli is so wide that the surrounding scum players will without a doubt recover before he gets central. If that's Bale then maybe.

using a match that's a season and a half ago under different management to try and prove a point about said player now is just blatantly dumb as fuck tbh

only thing is Rose is shit going forward. pacey and that's it. if he puts a good ball in it's a surprise, if Davies puts a good ball in it's no surprise, he did it for Swansea and he's already been putting decent balls in for us even when he wasn't playing that well.

mate if any of our players put a good ball in it's a fucking surprise

Davies looks a lot more settled now and is showing the form that we had hoped when we first brought him in. He's not setting the league alight yet but it's a good start. Lots of room to grow and improve!

Davies looks a lot more settled now and is showing the form that we had hoped when we first brought him in. He's not setting the league alight yet but it's a good start. Lots of room to grow and improve!
Agreed: Looks like he is on the right road!

Brilliant performance today, only lloris, Kane and fazio up there with him on today's show.

No offence to Rose but this guy is a top class full back. Can't wait till walker get back up to speed our backline is sorted.

Last edited:
It's very nice to have a full back that looks more like a midfield player in possession. Probably had to develop that since he isn't of the "I'm so quick I don't care about learning anything and it kinda works anyway"-variety.

Not a dig at the Walkers and Roses of the world, but I prefer Davies kind of football.

Just a good, solid and most importantly reliable full back. Really pleased with him so far. Yeah he doesn't offer the pace on the overlap of rose, but for me you want your defenders to be able to defend first and foremost and he really can.

Easy to forgot he's only 21, just about 3 months older than Kane. He's good already but eventually he's going to be some player.

So many young players in our squad Kane, eriksen, mason, bentaleb, Townsend, Lamela, Davies, Dier all 23 or under, good signs.

Just a good, solid and most importantly reliable full back. Really pleased with him so far. Yeah he doesn't offer the pace on the overlap of rose, but for me you want your defenders to be able to defend first and foremost and he really can.
And he can play a pass/ cross with greater confidence. Part of the problem with these speed demons is they often have fuck all end product. Rose is a decent player, but I'd have Big Ben any day over him

Back
Top Bottom