Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really arguing, just questioning your desperate aspiration that our players didn't get in the refs face with evidence that showed they did nonetheless, yet you're here denying reality because you don't want your little narrative to be proved wrong, that's all.

You want to push it to an argument with your lame attempt to deflect because you know your initial position is weak and pathetic.
See - I'm right.

Not really arguing, just questioning your desperate aspiration that our players didn't get in the refs face with evidence that showed they did nonetheless, yet you're here denying reality because you don't want your little narrative to be proved wrong, that's all.

You want to push it to an argument with your lame attempt to deflect because you know your initial position is weak and pathetic.

Go On Popcorn GIF by Rocket Panda Games

Mate there’s literally so many decisions in every game that go by with controversial moments in them! I’ve spent plenty of time screaming foul at the tv/linesman as well.

Refs are being generally more lenient/letting things go it seems. And those decisions will be happening in every game - not just ours.

I guarantee every other teams fans will have a list of ones they should’ve got, like we do.

I’ll leave it there
What is amusing is that many of the same fans who think there's an agenda against us are the same ones who laugh at the tin foil hat conspiracies of Woolwich, Liverpool, Chelsea (etc) fans.

What I will say is the standard of refereeing has gotten worse this season. I think there are too many lazy refs relying on VAR to dig them out of a hole and the decision making has gone to pot in some cases.

Yeah because it only takes one person to argue doesn't it lmao

Just accept the L and do better research next time. :thumbup:
Oh I am soo sorry. I temporarily forgot that this is YOUR forum and everything YOU think is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and nobody else has the right to voice an opinion unless it meets with YOUR approval, you pathetic excuse for a cunt. You and your opinions are worth nothing - zilch - nada, you freak.

What is amusing is that many of the same fans who think there's an agenda against us are the same ones who laugh at the tin foil hat conspiracies of Woolwich, Liverpool, Chelsea (etc) fans.

What I will say is the standard of refereeing has gotten worse this season. I think there are too many lazy refs relying on VAR to dig them out of a hole and the decision making has gone to pot in some cases.
Tbh i think refs in this country are frightened of making big decisions in case they upset crowd. UEFA refs are good. Clean cut decision making.

Oh I am soo sorry. I temporarily forgot that this is YOUR forum and everything YOU think is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and nobody else has the right to voice an opinion unless it meets with YOUR approval, you pathetic excuse for a cunt. You and your opinions are worth nothing - zilch - nada, you freak.

ok calm down mate, it's not that deep

Do you try to create unnecessary arguments like this in real life too, or is it just an online hobby of yours? Not a very attractive trait, is it?

Yes that's right, I created the argument :harrylol:

Go and read this whole entire exchange back, you're the one who got sand in their vagina when I pointed out what you said was inaccurate and then you have a full blown meltdown from then on.

The whole ‘refs don’t give spurs any decisions’ is a proper lazy narrative mate.

Wolves might have something to genuinely complain about as they had some absolute shockers go against them.

We’ve had what everyone else has had - some go for us, and some go against us.

Every message board for every team in the country is full of fans screaming that all refs are against them. It’s boring and it’s not true.

Ironically, you’re the one doing the lazy “analysis”.

Yes, fans have confirmation bias and will claim refs are against them. But that doesn’t equate to “all teams have had the same”. Statistically, that statement wouldn’t make sense either.

If you had actually analysed this season, you would know that we generally get more yellows per tackle than most, that our opponents get less yellows per tackle against us, that we get fewer penalties than basically everyone (although we have an incredible number of touches in opposition boxes), and that we on the other hand concede unusually many pens. I (and others) have provided plenty of stats on here to prove this.

You would know that we haven’t got (obvious) pens for fouls that other teams have gotten pens for, and you would know we’ve gotten red cards for fouls that most other teams only got booked for.

The reason is unknown - it can be a simple statistical anomaly. But you’re simply not correct.

Last edited:
It's not that I'm disagreeing, 21 games out of 26 with no clean sheet is terrible.
But in recent weeks, we'd have kept clean sheets against Brentford and Palace but for a penalty and a wonderful free kick.
I get that mate, it's just that I don't have the trust in the team right now.
Football is a funny old game, any result is possible, I don't think the team will get 3 points at villa, but you never know.

We also let in a bit, we struggle to stop the goals.
Yes but a lot of them we give away . How does this happen with two, supposedly, top centre halves .
Liverpool, in the last few games, have kept clean sheets, but god knows how. Concede loads of chances.
we were by far the better team v Villa and blew it, Would think we can keep improving as everyone gets fitter.

Richy was running about celebrating yesterday. Told Brazil TV that he might be training next week… poss involved next Sunday.
Handy if he is on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom