Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s just dumb let’s end our MINUTE CHANCES OF WINNING THE PREM by breaking cash in half and Romero getting a three match ban some dumb people on here .

Fyp then agreed.

Only chance Villa had last time was the snide tactics of Cash taking out Bentancur.

They will want the game to turn snide again by breaking the flow and trying to destroy it and win on moments.

If we keep it a football game and force the officials to make it a football game, they can’t live with us.

But they're also miles better than those teams....

I'd be amazed if we won this one. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we went and got something either.

Draw written all over it. Whether that's good enough, I don't know. But it's better than being 8 points behind.
They are poor defensively so there will be goals in this one. They will be on another level going forward compared to that utterly shit negative mob we played yesterday

Think everyone will be expecting us out to get revenge for Cash on Bentancur. Ange will be telling them 100% nobody go looking for revenge.

Villa will be looking to shithouse and bait us into bad tackles and the refs will be looking to let them get away with it. The narrative is just there waiting for us like the Chelsea game.

I’d like to see us diving and making the most of every contact. Threatening to turn every foul by them into a full on brawl. Force the official to ref the game and make it about football.

If it’s about football we win 3-1.
As you say, Ange will be telling them to let the cunt destroy himself, not destroy us. I think he's also ingrained into them the concept of not behaving like the Woolwich scum - we don't get in the referee's face at all (I believe it's what led to us not being awarded the Werner penalty yesterday - there was no pressure from us for the officials to buckle under).
While I understand and appreciate that by playing fair we are morally better than teams like the scum, it comes at a cost.

As you say, Ange will be telling them to let the cunt destroy himself, not destroy us. I think he's also ingrained into them the concept of not behaving like the Woolwich scum - we don't get in the referee's face at all (I believe it's what led to us not being awarded the Werner penalty yesterday - there was no pressure from us for the officials to buckle under).
While I understand and appreciate that by playing fair we are morally better than teams like the scum, it comes at a cost.

Surrounding the ref wasn't gonna make him change a decision he'd already made and VAR couldn't give a fuck.

I would only be mildly outraged if Romero went two-footed studs-up into Matty Cash's neck and we witnessed the Premier League's first decapitation.

...And the fact remains; every time we even slightly stepped out of line earlier in the season - despite the alleged "high bar"! - we got carded (and it eventually cost us); so what else can you do in that predicament?

...And the fact remains; every time we even slightly stepped out of line earlier in the season - despite the alleged "high bar"! - we got carded (and it eventually cost us); so what else can you do in that predicament?
Absolutely not true. Romero has got away with a couple which could easily have been red. Or yellow, with nothing given.

Absolutely not true. Romero has got away with a couple which could easily have been red. Or yellow, with nothing given.

I suggest you go back and look at a bunch of the yellows that were dished out to the likes of Biss, Sarr & Maddison......

Biss, Sarr, Udoggie & Romero all eventually missed games.

Besides........ Romero wasn't cast as public enemy and some kind of psycho at all; whilst the likes of Cash & Hayes (and the entirety of CP away & Fulham at home) just kicked fuck out of us without reprisal???

Last edited:
I don’t think Romero would risk a red card. He’s been disciplined lately and I think knows he owes his teammates after the Chelsea debacle. There is also something more satisfying about having Cash hearing footsteps and playing scared shitless. Cuti should just post this on his socials: 💀💵
And leave it at that

I suggest you go back and look at a bunch of the yellows that were dished out to the likes of Biss, Sarr & Maddison......

Biss, Sarr, Udoggie & Romero all missed games.

Besides........ Romero wasn't cast as public enemy and some kind of psycho at all; whilst the likes of Cash & Hayes just kicked fuck out of us???
The whole ‘refs don’t give spurs any decisions’ is a proper lazy narrative mate.

Wolves might have something to genuinely complain about as they had some absolute shockers go against them.

We’ve had what everyone else has had - some go for us, and some go against us.

Every message board for every team in the country is full of fans screaming that all refs are against them. It’s boring and it’s not true.

The whole ‘refs don’t give spurs any decisions’ is a proper lazy narrative mate.

.......So is this counter narrative that you're shoe-horning in.

I'm not preaching conspiracies, or that we've been targeted, but it is what it is..... If you think we have enjoyed a fair balance of decisions over the course of this season and that they've 'evened out' then so be it; but I don't think that's true..... At all.

Gil & Sonny have both been subjected to minor assaults; but we can't fucking buy a penalty.

Villa won't park the bus at home will they? Surely not..

If they do that and hit us quick break we could have problems, but I feel they will try and take the game to us which is why I fancy us.

4-3 win game of the season stuff

.......So is this counter narrative that you're shoe-horning in.

I'm not preaching conspiracies, or that we've been targeted, but it is what it is..... If you think we have enjoyed a fair balance of decisions over the course of this season and that they've 'evened out' then so be it; but I don't think that's true..... At all.

Gil & Sonny have both been subjected to minor assaults; but we can't fucking buy a penalty.

Mate there’s literally so many decisions in every game that go by with controversial moments in them! I’ve spent plenty of time screaming foul at the tv/linesman as well.

Refs are being generally more lenient/letting things go it seems. And those decisions will be happening in every game - not just ours.

I guarantee every other teams fans will have a list of ones they should’ve got, like we do.

I’ll leave it there

Wolves might have something to genuinely complain about as they had some absolute shockers go against them.

We’ve had what everyone else has had - some go for us, and some go against us.

Every message board for every team in the country is full of fans screaming that all refs are against them. It’s boring and it’s not true.
You were sounding convincing there but the fact is that we've had the least penalties given and the most conceded.
Somebody posted the table somewhere on here.

You can't argue with the stats, the foul on Werner yesterday in the box is given for a Liverpool or Woolwich player all day long.

I don't necessarily think this is a must win but it's definitely a must not lose. I hope we turn up and completely rock them but a draw there keeps us in touching distance. A win for villa will hand them huge confidence and momentum and they'd be nailed on for 4th imo.

Mate there’s literally so many decisions in every game that go by with controversial moments in them! I’ve spent plenty of time screaming foul at the tv/linesman as well.

Refs are being generally more lenient/letting things go it seems. And those decisions will be happening in every game - not just ours.

I guarantee every other teams fans will have a list of ones they should’ve got, like we do.

I’ll leave it there

Thanks for ignoring the part where I clearly state that I don't think we're being targeted and for assuming that I think we're alone in this.

If you think "it all evens out over the course of the season" both in terms of good v bad calls and club v club comparisons; you're burying your head int he sand, mate.

Last edited:

Prefer to win

That's not true, look at the reaction of our players

View: https://twitter.com/JonnyH3232/status/1764248944089899017

Back
Top Bottom