Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably wind up being Gazza

:paulinhofacepalm:

Odds on to find a charred fly fishing rod and a Molotov Chicken at the scene.

Although there's a good chance it could be another high-profile spurs fan... I can imagine him standing in front of the building...

82ae1ef62d2f0771d4d0048192b2aee16d366b34dd0ecc3ec8a485f597aa031e.jpg

This is a family's business and livelihood. Working in a family business myself, this must be truly worrying - you can never be sure how an insurance company is going to deal with such an issue.

To put their jobs (and possibly lives) behind the interests of the club is awful, in my view.

I see what you're saying, but it's not like the club offered them a tenner and a copy of the opus to move, they were offered way more than their business was realistically worth, as well as new premises close by so that they could continue trading with minimal disruption to their business.

I do feel bad for them and their family, but really if it hadn't been for their own greed in trying to get more and more cash out of the club they would probably be in a new building right now carrying on with their business with a nice payout from Spurs.

Technically fire doesn'fan eally burn steel. It oxidizes it. So Archway was merely oxidized.

Doesn't sound so bad now.

The above may not be true, I did not fact check.

Heat melts metal....on that basis archway melted.... Probably because of our poor results.

On another note, I hope any investigation is solved quickly without anything linking the fire to the club or fans

I don't know, if the claim is to suggest that Spurs have been unreasonable in their demands, then 7 years does seem like a rather extraordinary time-line. We've reached amicable agreements with all other businesses over that period, which I think is an extraordinary indictment against Archway's continued claims and obstinance.

The appeal to the CPO was due shortly after the new year, was it not? I could easily see a criminal investigation taking place and Archway dragging it out long after that, further impacting the build schedule for the new stadium.

Either way, I don't think that this will be good for us. I could also see this being a self-inflicted act. If the CPO coming through in January was sufficiently discounted from the previous offerings, is there a reasonable assumption that a motive exists for Mr. Josif to think this would be an opportunity to cash out on the insurance value of the business, pick up a healthy price for the value of the land through the CPO, and look like the helpless victim all along?

I could also see this being a self-inflicted act. If the CPO coming through in January was sufficiently discounted from the previous offerings, is there a reasonable assumption that a motive exists for Mr. Josif to think this would be an opportunity to cash out on the insurance value of the business, pick up a healthy price for the value of the land through the CPO, and look like the helpless victim all along?

Agree with this. Has the feel of a scam.

Or the owners have been advised they are never going to win their appeal so they've gone for the insurance payout scam option...

(Yeah I know that's a ridiculous suggestion. Been listening to too much serial)

Back
Top Bottom