Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juan-Sheet-008.jpg

Considering Archway won't make as much from a CPO as they would from Spurs original offers (reported as 3 times the going rate) it seems they will benefit from an insurance payout on top of any monies coming from a CPO. Add to that this could hold up the CPO further while an investigation takes place (which seems to be Archway's primary motive) and the fact there are a few thousand Spurs fans to suspect before anyone even considers an 'insurance job', Archway won't have suffered too badly from this.

Edit: just read Naylors post...fuck all that then.

From GG

- Or best case scenario - Archway get found as having done it themselves as a fit up, knowing the court case in Jan would ruin them

- As someone who works for a major insurance company, I can answer this:
No, the best case scenario is that their insurance company repudiate any claim as based on the reasonable (in the insurance company's eyes's, not Archway's) offer on the table for market value for the land and relocation to another site by a third party, the fire has not caused Archway to suffer a financial loss. THerefore insurers force Archway's arm to accept THFC's proposal. There is no insurer worth their salt that is going to agree to rebuild or reinstate a property subject of a CPO process.
And no cash settlement in lieu of repair work would be agreed based on the lack of financial loss stated above.
No financial loss? It's a trading business. There would be loss of trade, no?

Gotta walk out to the only fools and horses theme on Thursday first
If they don't... we gotta sing it anyway!
"Na-na-na-naa-naa...na-na-na-naa-naaa, na-na-na-naa-naaa... naa-naa-na-na-naaa... God Bless
Tott-enham... Viva, Tott-enham, Long Live Tott-enham, c'est magnifique, Tottenham, Magnifique, Tottenham!"

Or a bit of Johnny Cash

"Metal is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring.
Caught in a legal mire
I fell into a ring of fire.

I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

The taste of a stadium sweet
Where 56000 fans would meet.
I felt the CPO was mild,
Oh, but the fire went wild.

I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire."

Just to add, sympathies for the employees and others affected. Difficult to fully understand Archway's reasoning without fully hearing their motives, but on the basis of them being victims here it isn't a nice incident at all.

This is Spurs; if anyone thinks that everything will come up Milhouse for us at the end of this they are sadly mistaken.
Here's how it will go...
Our season will suddenly kick into life, by May we'll be sitting pretty in 4th place with Woolwich just behind us. Down to the last day with just two points in it. We get through and qualify for Champions League...

...meanwhile we're prosecuted for involvement in the fire and docked points by the F.A. dropping us down to 12th. Hilarity and face-palming ensues.

...meanwhile we're prosecuted for involvement in the fire and docked points by the F.A. dropping us down to 12th. Hilarity and face-palming ensues.

I think we'd probably get more than just docked points if the club where implicated.

Although this is modern football:

BIGOTRY - banter
CORRUPTION - fine
RAPE - okay
MURDER - no problem
ARSON - ?

Back
Top Bottom