Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure I read that it's in his contract that if City were to finish in the top four, the deal is off.

I guess only way we would find out is if it were to happen. How funny.
Well now, that would be delicious. I wasn't sure how they would respond to the Pep acquisition (whether they'd put their feet up or do a Bayern and try winning everything for the departing Pelligrini), but their motivation, lack of character, injuries, and ageing players really is a cocktail for disaster.

I'll probably be made to eat these words, but of the current top 4 they sure look the most likely to drop out.

How strange is it that nowadays I'd be far happier seeing Yaya Toure in their starting lineup than on the bench?!

No midweek football for Spurs has me sitting at the office like

psUn1MT.jpg

We all know this is a massive game for both teams, both are PL title contenders on the back of this result .
LC will take some catching from any team in the top 4. LC will beat the Scum Im sure.
This is a big test for us and it would be nice to come through it. The pressures is on, no matter how much Poch reflects it.

Although we all know we failed against LC, a game that we should have won, losing, I feel has made us stronger. We understand how fragile the top 4 positions are and how quickly they can change. We are learning how to see out games and get results. You feel the players want to succeed.

I think that loss to LC will be in mind in a positive way, our team will not want to find themselves behind City thinking "if only we hadn't lose that one" I really would be very surprised if we lost this. A draw is possible if their manager can get them up for it, not sure he can, but if he can then they might get a draw, but we aren't going to lose this game; we'll do what we always do which is take it seriously, treat opposition with respect and all our players will know what their role is and we have belief. I just can't believe how slow this week is going though, seriously, I want this game to start already!

I think that loss to LC will be in mind in a positive way, our team will not want to find themselves behind City thinking "if only we hadn't lose that one" I really would be very surprised if we lost this. A draw is possible if their manager can get them up for it, not sure he can, but if he can then they might get a draw, but we aren't going to lose this game; we'll do what we always do which is take it seriously, treat opposition with respect and all our players will know what their role is and we have belief. I just can't believe how slow this week is going though, seriously, I want this game to start already!

We need to be clinicle in front of goal, take our chances. We need to get it right on the day, no room for errors. LC were very fortunate against City. The ref made some very poor calls which could have changed the result, (1st and 3rd goal, City penalty). LC were destined to win that day as with against us. Lets hope the luck ( and ref) are good for us

Back
Top Bottom