Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't see why any of us should be worried. The guy can't be anywhere near match fit and he is way past his best.

We have more then enough in attack for Kompany on his own and those around him won't fair much better.

Would they really risk him breaking down with the CL looming?

If they are desperate enough.
Surely a holding job in PL to keep ahead of ManUtd for top 4.

All eggs in League Cup final for some silverware, while praying for a decent run and some luck in CL?

Mind you, I would laugh if Pep took over and found he was busy on Thursday nights flying to parts of the Old Soviet Union he'd never heard of!!

Only really worried about Aguero having his usual worldie against us.
He won't get to see the ball. I think we're going to hammer them. Man Shitty are all over the place this season. Toure hasn't been a happy bunny all season. Its definitely affected the rest of the team. You can see it in their faces in recent games. They're really lacking belief in themselves and collectively. The complete opposite to what is occurring at Spurs :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::pochsmirk:

I'm a bit worried about Sterling's pace getting behind our fullbacks

It's one of the few areas that worry me aswell, which is why I think Walker has to play. It's harsh on Trippier after such a good performance, but Walker is usually brilliant against pacey wingers and is superior physically to Tripps.

Would they really risk him breaking down with the CL looming?
Top four is massive. If they don't get top four, they don't get Guardiola. So they need to think to themselves, what would be the easiest option out of having to potentially go up against Barcelona and bayern Munich or just win games and overtake Tottenham, Woolwich and Leicester.

Top four is massive. If they don't get top four, they don't get Guardiola. So they need to think to themselves, what would be the easiest option out of having to potentially go up against Barcelona and bayern Munich or just win games and overtake Tottenham, Woolwich and Leicester.
Wait, really?

I thought that he's signed up now for next season, regardless of performance.

If Pellegrini wants to win, he needs to overload the midfield with players. He's usually not one for changing tactics, so hopefully he won't this time either. If he plays Yaya and Fernandinho in a midfield 2 against us, it shows just how big a fraud he is. Pellegrini should never have got the City job, he's a shocking manager

make no mistake , if City win , they are right back in the title race , not that I think they are really out of it right now
Can't see them coasting or resting any players for this one and they are still a bloody good side on there day , I'd take a point though we definitely can go and win

make no mistake , if City win , they are right back in the title race , not that I think they are really out of it right now
Can't see them coasting or resting any players for this one and they are still a bloody good side on there day , I'd take a point though we definitely can go and win
They can't afford to rest any players, they only have something like 13 healthy senior squad members.

They can't afford to rest any players, they only have something like 13 healthy senior squad members.
And yet we (potentially) will be starting full backs who have 12 days rest each and a Dele Alli who only played half an hour against Watford.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Both sides will want 3 points from this to keep up with LC. Even with a poor performance form us, we are capable in getting a draw these days and if the other result is the same- status quo for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom