American Ted Lasso takes over at Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is getting big over here for sure but it obviously isn't bigger than the main American sports. Thus, it makes it easy for detractors (they are extremely vocal but not large in numbers) to say it is not popular. To say something isn't watched and followed though because it is behind other largely popular and more accessible things is just a logical fallacy and should be ignored.
Fair comment, I know they're going to be proved wrong, indeed almost certainly they're proved wrong already. I'll be amazed if soccer (taking into account the women and kids football scene too) isn't one of the top 10 US sports now, which clearly means it's broken through and all the detractors here and there got it wrong, or certainly this season will see their arguments finally exposed as incorrect. IMHO

Fair comment, I know they're going to be proved wrong, indeed almost certainly they're proved wrong already. I'll be amazed if soccer (taking into account the women and kids football scene too) isn't one of the top 10 US sports now, which clearly means it's broken through and all the detractors here and there got it wrong, or certainly this season will see their arguments finally exposed as incorrect. IMHO
On the mens side its probably only behind football, basketball and baseball as far as participation.

Its probably the top sport or even with basketball on the womens side, as evidenced by the success of the womens national team.

Wow, with this NBC thing we're going to sell so many fucking Dempsey kits this season...
[mumble mumble]
What's that? Oh... We're going to sell so many fucking Friedel kits we'll be able to pay cash for the new stadium.
[mumble mumble]
Are you fucking serious? Not one in the starting squad!?! Who set this fix up?

My wife showed me the video asking me if I liked a team called the "Spurs." I thought maybe I had finally convinced her to watch a match....

Still this shit was pretty funny. I live I the south by the way (Athens, GA). I would say the EPL and the sport in general is growing a lot in my town.

Back
Top Bottom