American Ted Lasso takes over at Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're a bit like the Clemson University American football team. They are a program with some history mostly in the 60s and 80s just like us. Also went through a dark period in 90s. The last few years they have come back in a big way and are one of the best in college football. They have a very young coach who often finds himself under scrutiny similar to AVB.

However, the reason why they are most like us is largely due their tragic and unfortunate collapses. So common are these occurrences that they have even spawned the term "Clemsoning" which is similar to Spursy and is defined as, "The act of delivering an inexplicably disappointing performance, usually within the context of a college football season." Clemsoning only refers to losses against bad teams which seem to derail Clemson's season every year. Basically the equivalent to our loss and draw to Wigan last year and the loss to Fulham.

Clemson fans deal with the continual fear of collapse at the most inexplicable times and are constantly ridiculed by the public. Still when they aren't Clemsoning they play some of the best football in the country. Proper Spursy.

Spurs are more University of Georgia football than Clemson

but i'm biased

my heart has been broken by both teams many times.

Spurs are more University of Georgia football than Clemson

but i'm biased

my heart has been broken by both teams many times.

Agreed. Clemson doesn't know half the heartbreaking near clinches of glory Georgia football does. Nowhere close. They were also shit for the most part in the 90's, after being strong in the 70's and 80's.

LOL he's back!
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...bc-for-2014-15-premier-league-season/related/
24goxzl.jpg

Something that has generated much applause and comment was Sudeikis’s comic turn as incompetent sports coach Ted Lasso in promotional videos for NBC Sports’ coverage of Premier League football in the USA. The two spoof videos, in which Lasso, with a background in American football, was appointed manager of Tottenham Hotspur, and wondered why there were ties and no play-offs in the English league, averaged 6.5 million hits on YouTube. Footage was shot at White Hart Lane with members of the Spurs squad.

Sudeikis dreams of Ted Lasso getting his own series. “If I could snap my fingers, it would be a TV show like a six-episode series in England,” he says. “Spend a little time with this guy because clearly there’s an audience for it and people have been generous with their praise. It would be fun to play him for longer than four minutes.”

.... I'd watch it! Sudeikis is hilarious. Plus, I'm up for anything with more 'Tatnum'!
And I'm sure Levy will squeeze some $$$ out of it.

:levywhoa:

Last edited:

Something that has generated much applause and comment was Sudeikis’s comic turn as incompetent sports coach Ted Lasso in promotional videos for NBC Sports’ coverage of Premier League football in the USA. The two spoof videos, in which Lasso, with a background in American football, was appointed manager of Tottenham Hotspur, and wondered why there were ties and no play-offs in the English league, averaged 6.5 million hits on YouTube. Footage was shot at White Hart Lane with members of the Spurs squad.

Sudeikis dreams of Ted Lasso getting his own series. “If I could snap my fingers, it would be a TV show like a six-episode series in England,” he says. “Spend a little time with this guy because clearly there’s an audience for it and people have been generous with their praise. It would be fun to play him for longer than four minutes.”

.... I'd watch it! This fella is hilarious. Plus, I'm up for anything with more 'The Spurs'!
And I'm sure Levy will squeeze some $$$ out of it.

:levywhoa:

Yes, yes, yes and fucking yes again.

:freundgoal:

Back
Top Bottom