Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I too have the feeling that Pritchard has moved past Carroll. Carroll is a very gifted passer of the ball and I think he can look forward to a Premier League career. I don't think he's well suited to Spurs under Poch though, whereas Pritchard very much is.
I can see Carroll being moved on to Swansea in the summer and Pritchard being given a squad role at Spurs.

There, I said it.

Wouldn't disagree but anything over £5m for an acadamy product is decent return.

Given his season with them you'd have thought it'd be more though, for sure.

I think that will be one of the easier deals of the summer. We gave them Siggi for good money, so I can see us getting good money for a very good player.

I can see Carroll being moved on to Swansea in the summer and Pritchard being given a squad role at Spurs.

There, I said it.
Doesn't seem like too contrary an opinion to have anymore!

I like Carroll, but it feel like that ship has sailed now with the quality of the younger youth players who appear to be superior.
For someone who was held up 'the academy graduate to break into the first team', it is interesting that others have caught us all by surprise (i.e. Kane) and managed it instead. Just goes to show the unpredictability of football, and how rapidly a young player can develop given the right mentality and conditions - or fade if things don't quite go right.
Considering WindyCOYS WindyCOYS wasn't that hot on Pritchard at the start of the season, it's exciting to see just how good he's been lately and that he may perhaps be another one to surprise us...

Come on Pritchard and Onomah becoming starters.
:avbpray:

I too have the feeling that Pritchard has moved past Carroll. Carroll is a very gifted passer of the ball and I think he can look forward to a Premier League career. I don't think he's well suited to Spurs under Poch though, whereas Pritchard very much is.

There, I said it.
I'll take that. Pritchard has a couple of extra qualities that Carroll does not:
1. Goals
2. Two footed
Young Tom is important however we should be able to compensate his qualities , ball movement with others in the market, whereas Goals are less available on the market.

Carroll would want to be having more of an impact at Swansea than bentaleb and mason have had with us this term if he has a hope of busting in to our starting line up. decent player but hasn't made big enough waves, unlike i would argue Townsend did at qpr where he regularly looked like their potential match winner. I expect a mid ranking side to make a bid for him in the off season. There are worse career outcomes for the lad.

Between Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli and Alli we already have a lot of young midfielders though for that role. And that's without bringing in the Schneiderlin-type guy the system really needs. Luongo may be a case of "no room at the inn".

I would take Luongo back as cover for Mason. I think he is the most like for like and the buyback clause makes it a no brainer. We could easily sell for a few million

yes, 400k to buy back is pocket money for Spurs. It makes no sense to not buy him back unless we have a sell on clause as well.

Carroll would want to be having more of an impact at Swansea than bentaleb and mason have had with us this term if he has a hope of busting in to our starting line up. decent player but hasn't made big enough waves, unlike i would argue Townsend did at qpr where he regularly looked like their potential match winner. I expect a mid ranking side to make a bid for him in the off season. There are worse career outcomes for the lad.

Sherwood could go for him at Villa.

Back
Top Bottom