Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes he's been outstanding. Doing well with Australia too in the Asian Cup which has raised his profile a bit. I think he could have done a job for Spurs if you'd held onto him. We turned down two offers from Sevilla and an unnamed Turkish club yesterday for around €2.5 million (which would have been a club record fee for us), which shows you how highly we rate him. Spurs have a 40% sell-on so you will get a good chunk of whatever he does eventually go for. Personally, I hope he stays in England, as I think his game is best suited to the fast and physical style, and ideally, remains with us until the summer, so we can maintain the promotion push he's been a key part of so far.
Luongo MVP of Asian Cup wow! Can we buy him back? If nothing else we may soon be getting a handsome sell on fee. Hopefully he can take Swindon up before he leaves

http://www.afcasiancup.com/news/en/luongo-takes-out-mvp-award/mnrqt7vi3zg31ua9gslgjkfnx

As a Swindon born Spur who follows the Town as well what Swindon 1879 says is correct and that Pritchard has the potential as per his young player of the year runner up award for League 1 showed and has kicked on again this season at Brentford. I only hope Poch brings him into the squad this summer as the players around him now like Mason who was also great when on loan at STFC but unfortunately injury prone, Bentaleb and Alli coming in this summer. The key attribute that these young midfield players have when I've seen them play live is that they are very technically gifted, have passion, get stuck in and nasty at times and give their all - exciting times ahead.

Luongo is one that flew the coop (You can thank Tim Sherwood and his friendship with Town chairman Lee. Power from their Norwich days for the sale) and has become the MVP of the Asian Cup - great player and one who will also go onto bigger things. Already rejecting bids of up to £3m for him and expect him to go in the summer for the same £5m value as Alli. Great money post Spurs cut (40% is indeed the figure) as it will cover the entire playing budget for the Town in 15/16.

I'm more excited by the potential our youth set up has more than ever and Pritchard will hopefully fit into it as Harry Kane has shown we identify more with such home grown players than your Adebayors.

I understood that we loaned too many players to Swindon, which was against the rules...so, typically,Levy, decided to sell one of the players for a small fee, with a massive sell on clause, 40%...... So if he becomes the real deal and a club offers 10m, we get 4m......but if we buy him back, it would cost us 6m, less the 1.5m we sold him for.....so if he developes, it'll cost,us less than Naughton cost and if it doesn't we've got the 1.5m, ......as DelBoy would say, " Everyone's a winner"

I understood that we loaned too many players to Swindon, which was against the rules...so, typically,Levy, decided to sell one of the players for a small fee, with a massive sell on clause, 40%...... So if he becomes the real deal and a club offers 10m, we get 4m......but if we buy him back, it would cost us 6m, less the 1.5m we sold him for.....so if he developes, it'll cost,us less than Naughton cost and if it doesn't we've got the 1.5m, ......as DelBoy would say, " Everyone's a winner"

Is this for real?

Sorry, fella, meant to answer this but when for an especially long poo.

He was okay. I must admit he sort of bypassed me somewhat - he did get riled up at one point.
Thought he looked weak personally. Like a winger who has been told he is playing as a full back and making up for bad positioning with pace. I hope I'm wrong and I won't right any of our youngsters off after what Kane has achieved, but I wasn't impressed on the evidence I saw.

With Lennon gone we're definitely not deep on the wings. He should get a good chance in the summer to win a spot in the squad. Definitely looks like the natural backup for Chadli and also has the ability to play all three attacking midfield positions. Hope he makes it here.

Just listened to those interviews really like the cut of his jib. Well-spoken and sounds serious about wanting to win. Can tell he has a bit of a temper.

Back
Top Bottom