Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's so technically gifted, he looks miles ahead of everyone else in his team. I think there's a place in our squad for him, he'd compliment Eriksen very well.

I really can't wait until he actually starts playing for us ... I've been following him for a couple of years or so, and I remember that one time when it seemed it was almost certain he was gonna ditch us and go to Pool ... So glad he signed that contract extension. I think we have another gem here.

Wrong thread, but considering Luongo doesn't have one (?) may as well post here

Massimo Luongo confirms Tottenham can buy him back for just £400k

He told SBS's The World Game: “They (Spurs) could buy me for what they sold me for, but obviously I am not in their plans, which is fine.

"With how well it went at the Asian Cup, it’s probably the right time for me to move on - and maybe look for a new challenge.

"If we get promoted then that would be a new challenge but it’s probably leaning towards me moving elsewhere.

"If nothing comes of it, then I’d be happy to stay on at Swindon."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...ustralian-hero-massimo-luongo-admits-tottenh/

Wrong thread, but considering Luongo doesn't have one (?) may as well post here

Massimo Luongo confirms Tottenham can buy him back for just £400k

He told SBS's The World Game: “They (Spurs) could buy me for what they sold me for, but obviously I am not in their plans, which is fine.

"With how well it went at the Asian Cup, it’s probably the right time for me to move on - and maybe look for a new challenge.

"If we get promoted then that would be a new challenge but it’s probably leaning towards me moving elsewhere.

"If nothing comes of it, then I’d be happy to stay on at Swindon."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...ustralian-hero-massimo-luongo-admits-tottenh/
Might as well buy him back. We could flip him for more than that immediately for a profit if Poch doesn't end up wanting him for whatever reason. Looked very good in the tournament recently though. Maybe he deserves a chance here.

From a Brentford forum

The performance from the Spurs loanee was truly exceptional. For me that was his best performance of the season and definitely his best goal!

Throughout the season Alex has been hugely important in our success. His class has shone through and Saturday was a demonstration of how good he is.

He now has 7 goals and 6 assists for the Bees which is a superb achievement. On Saturday he scored, provided an assist and made some key passes.

Against Bournemouth I felt he dictated the play with his passing and movement on the pitch.

In total he made six key passes which set up goal scoring opportunities for Bees players. He also had a passing accuracy of 76% which shows his impressive midfield skills at such a young age.

Not only can Pritchard pass the ball but he is also strong in duels. He won 8 duels and also made one interception. An impressive stat for a small lad.

At this rate I would fancy Pritchard to make his name in North London with the Spurs boss showing he is happy to give the youth a go. After his performance on Saturday, the future only looks bright for the young star.

Read more: http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=390039#ixzz3Sml0EVvm

Spurs starlet Alex Pritchard is 'nailed on for Premier League' insists Brentford boss

After Kane, Mason and Townsend, Mark Warburton is convinced Alex Pritchard will become the next Spurs youngster to make it big in the Premier League.

The 21-year-old midfielder produced further evidence of the progress he is making on loan as Brentford kept their promotion bid on track.

With Mauricio Pochettino ready to fast-track more home-grown talent into his Tottenham team next season, Warburton believes Pritchard is “nailed on” to make the step up if he continues to work hard.

“He can dominate a football,” said the Bees boss . “Alex is at his best with the ball at his feet.

“He sees a pass. He’s the best player I’ve seen in this division, certainly, to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace.

“Left or right side, he has the ability to take it on the half-turn and for us, how we play, that hurts the opposition.

“Technically he’s outstanding. For me, Pritch is nailed on Premier League.

“I’d never be disrespectful enough to speak about what Spurs should do or could do with him.

“But in my opinion – and I’m a Spurs fan, by the way – I think he is more than good enough to go and positively impact their playing squad.”

Article from here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...5295763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Spurs starlet Alex Pritchard is 'nailed on for Premier League' insists Brentford boss

After Kane, Mason and Townsend, Mark Warburton is convinced Alex Pritchard will become the next Spurs youngster to make it big in the Premier League.

The 21-year-old midfielder produced further evidence of the progress he is making on loan as Brentford kept their promotion bid on track.

With Mauricio Pochettino ready to fast-track more home-grown talent into his Tottenham team next season, Warburton believes Pritchard is “nailed on” to make the step up if he continues to work hard.

“He can dominate a football,” said the Bees boss . “Alex is at his best with the ball at his feet.

“He sees a pass. He’s the best player I’ve seen in this division, certainly, to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace.

“Left or right side, he has the ability to take it on the half-turn and for us, how we play, that hurts the opposition.

“Technically he’s outstanding. For me, Pritch is nailed on Premier League.

“I’d never be disrespectful enough to speak about what Spurs should do or could do with him.

“But in my opinion – and I’m a Spurs fan, by the way – I think he is more than good enough to go and positively impact their playing squad.”

Article from here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...5295763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fan of Spurs or a Spurs fan? Either way.. good on him

There's something about this kid from what I've seen of him that really impressed me. Very composed on the ball and so creative, I know he's 'only' playing for Brentford but still - Mason was playing for Swindon this time last year. I'm not putting too much hope into him being a first teamer next year but if Poch gives me the pre-season like he did with Mason and is impressed you never know what could happen!

Fan of Spurs or a Spurs fan? Either way.. good on him
He is a massive Spurs fan. He is a local lad from Enfield, went to Latymer School in Edmonton. My best mates brother (a few years older than me) is a school boy friend of his and has been going with him to watch Spurs play for over 40yrs. Since joining Brentford he no longer goes every week but by all accounts he still goes when he can. Right up to the point of him leaving his City job he can best be described as an obsessive Spurs fan.

He's also a grafter. He plays in CM quite a lot for Brentford and finds space all over the pitch, harrasses the opposition and isn't afraid to get stuck in. I really hope he grabs his chance during pre-season and becomes a part of the squad next season.

Some might disagree, but from having watched fairly much of both him and Carroll this season I'd definitely prefer Pritchard to be given the chance.

Back
Top Bottom