Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know why I've done this.

pfsgnBa.gif

Last edited:
As a Swindon fan who saw him week-in-week-out for a season, I'd say the comparison with Erikson is very apt, and also I suppose the biggest stumbling block to him breaking into the first team the way Mason has.

He probably runs with the ball a bit more than Erikson (but doesn't have enough pace to be an outright winger), and also puts in a few more crosses from open play, but otherwise, they seem very similar (from free-kick speciality to physical appearance), and his best position was generally drifting in from the left to dictate play as a number 10. Sometimes he was outstanding in this role, at other times, as I think has been mentioned, he would go missing. However, in a very good midfield that also featured Mason and Luongo, I'd say he was singled out more than anyone else last year as our key attacking player by opposition fans.

One thing that also may count in his favour is his work-rate, which for a diminutive, skilful player dropping down to league 1 surprised me a great deal. Will chase down defenders relentlessly for 90 minutes, and never shirked a challenge or 50/50 (bit of temper though, and possible red card risk). If he can control that, would fit in perfectly with Pochettino's high-tempo, high-pressing philosophy. Whether he can be accommodated in the same team as Erikson, however, is definitely the question mark hanging over him, though impossible to say until he's recalled from loan and given a chance.

The way that we Spurs fans are scouting Pritchard at the moment reminds me of a funny Joe Kinnear story.

Back in 2013 when JK was still "Director of Football" at Bollywood of football in Newcastle he went on a scouting mission to watch Swansea vs Brum. Shane Ferguson had a blinder of a game in that Carling One cup game and Joe thought he had discovered a new star in the game. He went to the Brum directors after the game, clearly excited and asked them how much they'd want for that Shane Ferguson. The Brum directors thought Joe was winding them up..Shane Ferguson was on loan from Newcastle until the end of season with Birmingham.

Joe Kinnear resigned in February the next year and football lost one of the most intelligent, eloquent and insightful football men there ever was.

Went to Brentford today and Pritchard ran the show for the first half. His goal was a bit fortunate but he was unlucky not to have a couple of assists. Though he is absolutely tiny he competes physically and doesn't shy away. He continually went up for head balls against bigger players and looked decent defensively.

Positionally he played similarly to Eriksen on the left. He was all over the place, popping up centrally and even picking the ball off the center backs on occasion. You can see how much the other plays respect him as a creative force, they try to get the ball to him as much as possible in the final third. I'm really excited to see how he'll combine with Kane as I don't rate Brentford's forward Andre Gray as a hold up player at all, thought he wasn't very active up top.

Overall, I think Pritchard is good enough to be a starter for us now. I love his potential, he could be huge for us. Eriksen and Pritchard behind Kane will lead to some sexual football.

Congrats to Brentford on the playoff! I really loved the Griffin Park and the atmosphere. Still have a proper terrace as well which was a blast to stand in. Have a lot of respect for that club based on my trip.

Spurs starlet Alex Pritchard is 'nailed on for Premier League' insists Brentford boss

After Kane, Mason and Townsend, Mark Warburton is convinced Alex Pritchard will become the next Spurs youngster to make it big in the Premier League.

The 21-year-old midfielder produced further evidence of the progress he is making on loan as Brentford kept their promotion bid on track.

With Mauricio Pochettino ready to fast-track more home-grown talent into his Tottenham team next season, Warburton believes Pritchard is “nailed on” to make the step up if he continues to work hard.

“He can dominate a football,” said the Bees boss . “Alex is at his best with the ball at his feet.

“He sees a pass. He’s the best player I’ve seen in this division, certainly, to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace.

“Left or right side, he has the ability to take it on the half-turn and for us, how we play, that hurts the opposition.

“Technically he’s outstanding. For me, Pritch is nailed on Premier League.

“I’d never be disrespectful enough to speak about what Spurs should do or could do with him.

“But in my opinion – and I’m a Spurs fan, by the way – I think he is more than good enough to go and positively impact their playing squad.”

Article from here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...5295763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oduwa, Winks and Onomah are very interesting and I'd love to see them get a chance although we're at that stage of the season where it's tough.

Pritchard deserves his chance next year with a full pre-season under Pochettino. Much like Mason when he returned from his loan at Swindon.

It would be stupid to call Pritchard back and have him warming the bench, when he's tearing it up in the Championship for a team in superb form.

From a Brentford forum

The performance from the Spurs loanee was truly exceptional. For me that was his best performance of the season and definitely his best goal!

Throughout the season Alex has been hugely important in our success. His class has shone through and Saturday was a demonstration of how good he is.

He now has 7 goals and 6 assists for the Bees which is a superb achievement. On Saturday he scored, provided an assist and made some key passes.

Against Bournemouth I felt he dictated the play with his passing and movement on the pitch.

In total he made six key passes which set up goal scoring opportunities for Bees players. He also had a passing accuracy of 76% which shows his impressive midfield skills at such a young age.

Not only can Pritchard pass the ball but he is also strong in duels. He won 8 duels and also made one interception. An impressive stat for a small lad.

At this rate I would fancy Pritchard to make his name in North London with the Spurs boss showing he is happy to give the youth a go. After his performance on Saturday, the future only looks bright for the young star.

Read more: http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=390039#ixzz3Sml0EVvm

Fan of Spurs or a Spurs fan? Either way.. good on him
He is a massive Spurs fan. He is a local lad from Enfield, went to Latymer School in Edmonton. My best mates brother (a few years older than me) is a school boy friend of his and has been going with him to watch Spurs play for over 40yrs. Since joining Brentford he no longer goes every week but by all accounts he still goes when he can. Right up to the point of him leaving his City job he can best be described as an obsessive Spurs fan.

Back
Top Bottom