Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sent these tweets yesterday:

Had a good chat with my Brentford supporting mate tonight. He goes to all home games, some away. Pritchard came up, naturally.

He said Pritchard's attitude has visibly improved as the season's progressed. A little questionable at the start of season, great now.

He said with a little direction he shouldn't have too many problems with the Pochettino press. I came away very encouraged by that.

Oh, and speaking of Pritchard, Brentford released this today:

Jota, who pops up a few times in the Pritchard video, won't be at Brentford long methinks. His goal vs Fulham:

Pritchard averages a goal or assist every 210.8 minutes, Jota 206.7. Two of the outstanding attacking players in this season's Championship.

Blimey, all Brentford goals were crackers! Must've been a fantastic away day!

The way that we Spurs fans are scouting Pritchard at the moment reminds me of a funny Joe Kinnear story.

Back in 2013 when JK was still "Director of Football" at Bollywood of football in Newcastle he went on a scouting mission to watch Swansea vs Brum. Shane Ferguson had a blinder of a game in that Carling One cup game and Joe thought he had discovered a new star in the game. He went to the Brum directors after the game, clearly excited and asked them how much they'd want for that Shane Ferguson. The Brum directors thought Joe was winding them up..Shane Ferguson was on loan from Newcastle until the end of season with Birmingham.

Joe Kinnear resigned in February the next year and football lost one of the most intelligent, eloquent and insightful football men there ever was.
Yeah, Newcastle think so highly of Shane Ferguson that he's one of the famous five they've loaned to Rangers.

"Alex Pritchard is on loan at Brentford from Tottenham and he's shown some real Premier League quality there. The midfielder is picked out by Alan Judge on the left wing, he goes on a dribble, cuts inside and curls a wonderful effort home from just outside the box."

Another game, another goal.

first time seeing him live (on tv). looks really promising. technically good, keeps the ball well, good passer & what a shot for the goal. he has 10 goals now. what type of goals does he normally score? is it edge of the box shots? can he cross a decent ball too?

He has been really good on loan at Brentford. Great at freekicks and can play all three positions up top (AML AMC AMR) and he might even in a bind be able to slot in central midfield.

I'll be really pissed off if he doesn't get given the opportunity to play for the first team next season. Townsend is a bit of a prick and only has a good game once every few months, Lamela clearly doesn't suit the English game and we don't have a great deal of other options.

Pritch can play LW, CAM and RW, he's quick, skilful, can finish, quality at set pieces, young and home grown. There's not an awful lot more you can ask out from a player. I'm sure that Poch will give him the opportunity to impress over the summer and I'm hoping that he'll be given the same chances that Mason, Bentaleb and Kane have been given.

I'll be really pissed off if he doesn't get given the opportunity to play for the first team next season. Townsend is a bit of a prick and only has a good game once every few months, Lamela clearly doesn't suit the English game and we don't have a great deal of other options.

Pritch can play LW, CAM and RW, he's quick, skilful, can finish, quality at set pieces, young and home grown. There's not an awful lot more you can ask out from a player. I'm sure that Poch will give him the opportunity to impress over the summer and I'm hoping that he'll be given the same chances that Mason, Bentaleb and Kane have been given.
How is Andros a prick? The abuse he's getting is unbelievable. I agree that he's not playing well at the moment, but he's a yid like you and me. Lamela has said that he's the one training the hardest, always staying after the session is done. He's giving it his all, show some fucking respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom