Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unless all this is because there is some sort of mutual agreement for Berahino to join in the summer. Not totally out of the realms of possibility.

To be fair to Pulis he did say:
"Alex has come in and has tremendous talent,"
"He was injured at Tottenham for a long time so it's just making sure and I think Tottenham are concerned we don't push him too quickly too soon.
The last thing they want is the kid to get injured again so it's just about being patient with Alex as much as anything else.
He's trained well, he's worked well and he's desperate to be involved.
But sometimes you have to hold them back and we have a responsibility to Tottenham for that."

I am sure he will now be getting a pre season training regime with us, playing a few games pre season and will feature for us next season.

To be fair to Pulis he did say:
"Alex has come in and has tremendous talent,"
"He was injured at Tottenham for a long time so it's just making sure and I think Tottenham are concerned we don't push him too quickly too soon.
The last thing they want is the kid to get injured again so it's just about being patient with Alex as much as anything else.
He's trained well, he's worked well and he's desperate to be involved.
But sometimes you have to hold them back and we have a responsibility to Tottenham for that."
West Brom are safe now, so I'd hope he'd get some games if he's fit.

West Brom are safe now, so I'd hope he'd get some games if he's fit.
I know.
However, he was sent there to boost his fitness before returning and we are supposedly keenly monitoring his recovery progress.
Assistant Manager kemp also commented on why he hasn't been getting game time.
He said: 'when you go on when the team is playing well, it's much easier. He is a good footballer, no question about that. It is awkward when everybody else is playing poorly, it is not easy.”
When he was brought on against Norwich for the last 17, with WB struggling, he made little impact and Norwich went on and won the game 1-0.
Kemp said: “It gave him an opportunity, but on the day it was difficult. It wasn’t the best stage for him because the team’s not playing well, it makes it awkward for him.”
So, basically they are saying is Pritchard hasn’t been given many opportunities at West Brom because the whole team has been playing poorly. This will affect Pritchard when he comes on as a substitute to try and make any impact.
Maybe they are over protecting him, I don't know.
Have no idea if he is fit enough to last 90 mins.
Hopefully this will be all over for him soon. I agree now he should be given a bit more playing time. They are safe and if they are playing shit, so what.
I don't care if he impresses or has an impact on their results. I just want to see him getting match fit.
However, I would rather have not seen him thrown in from the off, in a relegation battle, try to hard and end up crocked again. That would be more of a setback.
He certainly was way behind the fitness of everyone else at the club, and would not have even played 62 mins for us.
Maybe his desire to prove himself in the PL and therefore go toWBA was a mistake. He would have been better off at Middlesborough or Burnley, playing in decent footballing sides. Probably at an equal level to WBA anyway.
Middlesborough would have been ideal as they play in a similar playing style to Spurs.

It was Pritchard's decision to go to WBA, not sure we pushed him in that direction? He had other offers from the Championship as he's really rather good at that level, however he needs PL minutes, which he's now not even getting. They are clearly a side not suited to his style of play. He'd have been better off at Swansea not sure if they wanted him on loan though. WBA are ruining Pritchard for a season much like Berahino by not actually playing them.

Yes, it was his decision, but Poch could easily have blocked it, if he thought it would make no sense.

...well what a waste of time that was! Sub for most of it... injured for the rest of it!
Don't think we'll/he'll learn anything from his loan deal... other than; don't go to West Brom on loan again!

He made a massive mistake picking West Brom. This is what happens when you let footballers choose who they play for, picking the club in the best league isn't always the best choice for development.

He made a massive mistake picking West Brom. This is what happens when you let footballers choose who they play for, picking the club in the best league isn't always the best choice for development.

You could say that ofc. But holy shit, I hope that his confidence isn't declining. He flourished with Brentford and Warburton, I just hope that he doesn't loose it with Pulis.

Could some of you football experts share a little more information about why this was a bad idea. Perhaps drawing on experience of loan moves to premier league clubs you made back in your day? Thanks, 'preciate it.

:pochlol:

cff.png

Having watched Pritchard play a season long loan at my hometown club a few years back the lad is quality, doesn't stop working and also gets stuck in (can also be a right bastard) so will fit right into our mentality from last season .

Very happy to see him back at the start of pre-season and with Newcastle signing Matt Ritchie I would like to think he will get a shot at the first team squad this season.

Excited to see what Poch can do with him as he is potential cover for Eriksen.

Back
Top Bottom