Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just watched the second half of the West Brom – Newcastle game to see Pritchard. I did it so that none of you have to. I’m quite a humanitarian as those are two clumsy, ugly sides and that was some absolutely dreadful football.

Nonetheless, Pritchard looked good. To me he was clearly WBA's most active attacking player (which is faint praise in and of itself.) He came on at the half (with Berahino interestingly). He lined up on the right side initially but seemed to play more like one of our front four, moving around the pitch a lot. He was very direct and quick with the ball. He took WBA’s free kicks and corners and looked dangerous. He appeared to get a little frustrated a few times after putting himself in dangerous positions that were not seen by his clogger teammates. Bottom line is that Alex Pritchard is way too good for WBA.

For what it’s worth, Townsend was outstanding and left to a standing ovation. Berahino was absolute shit.

Even in a weakened West Brom team in which even Berahino starts a game, Pritchard can't find himself in the starting line up. Hope it's more to do with fitness as he has been out for a long time and we see him on in the second half.

Edit - Scrap that, he's not even on the bench.

Even in a weakened West Brom team in which even Berahino starts a game, Pritchard can't find himself in the starting line up. Hope it's more to do with fitness as he has been out for a long time and we see him on in the second half.

I forget.....are recalls allowed for loans between PL clubs? They might not be - I simply cannot recall - but if we're allowed to recall, it's far from impossible that we haven't granted permission for him to play in the FA, in case we want to recall....

Waste of a loan move. Really bad idea.

Not eligible apparently

Another STFC reference. When we had him here he was of course great. If you want to imagine what he could play like in the Prem, think Matt Ritchie, who also played for us, and is 2-3 years ahead of Pritch in age and development.

Anyone know if we have the chance to recall him if we run out of fit forwards ??

One of the weirdest decisions we have made this season. Seriously, Pulis has room for maximum one flair player per starting eleven. Pritchard isn't exactly a typical bulldozer of his kind.

One of the weirdest decisions we have made this season. Seriously, Pulis has room for maximum one flair player per starting eleven. Pritchard isn't exactly a typical bulldozer of his kind.

I agree. Surely if Poch thinks Alex will be pushing for a first team start next season then we should have sent him somewhere where he will be playing in the PL. Not in the reserves of a piss poor club.

Plus after the Berihino situation we should have told WBA to fuck off.

:dembelefingers:

I agree. Surely if Poch thinks Alex will be pushing for a first team start next season then we should have sent him somewhere where he will be playing in the PL. Not in the reserves of a piss poor club.

Plus after the Berihino situation we should have told WBA to fuck off.

:dembelefingers:

It was Pritchard's decision to go to WBA, not sure we pushed him in that direction? He had other offers from the Championship as he's really rather good at that level, however he needs PL minutes, which he's now not even getting. They are clearly a side not suited to his style of play. He'd have been better off at Swansea not sure if they wanted him on loan though. WBA are ruining Pritchard for a season much like Berahino by not actually playing them.

Back
Top Bottom