Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had this confirmed by my sources 8 weeks ago.
Finally allowed to discuss in public.

As someone that has watched every minute of his career to date, I can confidently let you know we have bagged what the media will dub as the next Chris Armstrong.

Like follow subscribe #veliz navidad #please veliz me, let me go #sting and the veliz #ITK

I must admit I’m not totally overwhelmed by this one. He is only 19 so I’m hoping he improves.
I imagine that's the intention...

The Office Reaction GIF

Think that completes the Argentinian Spurs XI

Gazzaniga
Foyth
Romero
Fazio
Taricco
GLC
Ardiles
Lamela
Maradona
Villa
Veliz
lineup code
[lineup]
Gazzaniga

Foyth Romero Fazio Taricco

GLC Ardiles

Lamela Maradona Villa

Veliz
[/lineup]

Alasdair Gold says one Tottenham youngster has 'absolutely wowed' Postecoglou in training

Alasdair Gold has revealed that Tottenham Hotspur's coaching staff have been blown away by Alejo Veliz in training over the last few weeks.
tbrfootball.com​

Alasdair Gold says Alejo Veliz has wowed Tottenham coaches​

Tottenham came out of nowhere and signed Alejo Veliz from Argentinian side Rosario Central in the summer for £13 million (BBC).

Not many had heard of the 20-year-old, but early signs show he is a big talent.

Veliz was sidelined for over a month after his arrival because of his injury. He was included in first-team training last month, and even though Postecoglou publicly claimed he will not play him in the first half of this season, the youngster made his debut against Liverpool last weekend.

Speaking about Postecoglou’s comments and Veliz, Gold revealed on the Gold and Guest podcast that the striker has amazed everyone at Hotspur Way.

He said: “I think that’s a testament to Veliz because from what I understand, he has come into those training sessions after coming back from the injury he arrived with and he’s absolutely wowed them. He’s done really good work in training, and apparently his finishing, especially, is just phenomenal.

“I know the Premier League is a leap, but I do think that maybe he’ll, especially with that big physique, be ready for the Premier League. I mean he is a unit, having stood at pitch-side near and kind of walked by, he is a big lad, he’s just towering over players and coaches.

“Yeah, I think he’s one of those where maybe we see him get a minute or two and he surprises everyone and comes up with it.”

The boy is 19 and has never played in Europe, why is anyone surprised at what Ange has said?

He will play for the first team when he’s ready, given his age and background that may be a few months away. Or it may not. We’ll just have to see.

Alejo Veliz:

•Most goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Most head goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Highest % of shots on target in South America.

He's an incredibly powerful finisher, his ball striking abilities are so good, and his heading ability is something else.

He reminds me of a Cavani type of striker, absolutely ruthless in front of goal.

He's not the quickest but his decision making and his runs in behind make makes him a very effective player.

He's not someone that will get involved too much in the buildup, he wants to be in the final third.

He's an animal in the box, his aggressiveness and the way he can attack the ball reminds me of Suarez.

Everything makes me believe he's gonna become the next Argentina's striker.

Extremely exciting player 🇦🇷

Back
Top Bottom