Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats there to own if for him ?!?!

We are without Europe this season.
We have EPL golden boot winner in Son who we can push to the top. And for his position we also brought in Solomon who has played and scored in EPL.

What is so awful, shocking or hard to believe in this scenario ?!?! Explain. Please, do explain.
Cause to me having Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski, Solomon, Maddison, Gil and Veliz as attackers is not too bad.

I see no issue with it?

According to Mail Online, he was also targerted by the following....

''Veliz has been a target for Nottingham Forest, Roma and AC Milan in recent weeks with Rosario looking for a fee in the region of £13million.''
Milan were big after him, there were reports of a deal being close in June iirc, a lot of Milan accounts were pissed when they heard this news. Good buy.

He seems to have that junkyard dog mentality that the majority of top LatAm strikers always seem to have.

18 in 50 (improving from 1 in 4 at 18 to 1 in 2 at 19 years old) is very, very good. Alvarez at City for instance only had 3 in 22 league games in his teenage year, though its mitigated by River Plate obviously being a much bigger club than Rosario Central, and thus its harder to break through.

This prospect reminded me to ask, what about Dane Scarlet & Troy ?

Either have no future now ?
I don't know if either will make it tbh.

I think they'll persist with Dane.

I think Kane was slightly better at the same age as Dane is now. But the loan spells for Kane really helped him, even though he got numerous injuries.

Alejo Veliz:

•Most goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Most head goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Highest % of shots on target in South America.

He's an incredibly powerful finisher, his ball striking abilities are so good, and his heading ability is something else.

He reminds me of a Cavani type of striker, absolutely ruthless in front of goal.

He's not the quickest but his decision making and his runs in behind make makes him a very effective player.

He's not someone that will get involved too much in the buildup, he wants to be in the final third.

He's an animal in the box, his aggressiveness and the way he can attack the ball reminds me of Suarez.

Everything makes me believe he's gonna become the next Argentina's striker.

Extremely exciting player 🇦🇷

Alejo Veliz:

•Most goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Most head goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Highest % of shots on target in South America.

He's an incredibly powerful finisher, his ball striking abilities are so good, and his heading ability is something else.

He reminds me of a Cavani type of striker, absolutely ruthless in front of goal.

He's not the quickest but his decision making and his runs in behind make makes him a very effective player.

He's not someone that will get involved too much in the buildup, he wants to be in the final third.

He's an animal in the box, his aggressiveness and the way he can attack the ball reminds me of Suarez.

Everything makes me believe he's gonna become the next Argentina's striker.

Extremely exciting player 🇦🇷

That twitter account is a Conte-loving and proper embarrassing melt but agree.

This is basically a Brighton type signing that we have been looking to emulate. But we have to follow that up by allowing him to play where possible, like Brighton do.
I think the reason did so well, was because we gave that chance to prove what he could and we belived him.

He showed promise, but it took him a lil time to get there. Fans from Norwich said they wasn't that impressed when he loaned out to them.

Same with Bale, Modric... They all took a little time.

I think we should most definitely be subbing him on quite regularly.

Talk about paragraphs of nonsensical rubbish that has no bearing to the conversation.

You believe we'd go into the season with a 19 year old as our back up striker once we well Kane. It's okay to believe that. Own it pal
Why the fuck not.

To Dare is to Do.

Since Kane has been our number 1, who has really been decent cover for him? No one, even Richarlison, had a dire season last year.

LETS ROOOOCK!!

In fairness Armstrong only scored 6 league goals less than klinsmann…….
Armstrong was actually a good striker. The season he became a scapegoat, he was playing on pain killers with a groin injury. The guy risked a more serious injury for the club, and his reward was to get slaughtered by the fans.

I have no idea who all these newbs are but I'm liking it. Lots of youngsters up for the fight and out to prove themselves. The squad is starting to look very different from recent times. Bring it on.

Our u23s at present:

Porro
Spence
Udogie
Phillips
Van de Ven
Sarr
Skipp
Devine
Gil
Kulusevski
Sessegnon
Scarlett
Veliz

Nice work all round really. Credit where its due, plenty of vibrant looking talent in that list and plenty more to come from a lot of them I'm sure

Back
Top Bottom