Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose if he signed a contract for X over 4 years he's entitled (ahem) to that amount. We will probably have to pay the difference between his contract with us and his new contract with Palace. We save money that way.

Hopefully that's the case, call me bitter but I'd hate to see Pardew benefit from someone we're paying for. :bentalebscream:

Hopefully that's the case, call me bitter but I'd hate to see Pardew benefit from someone we're paying for. :bentalebscream:
I'm probably talking bollocks about instalments btw. It's just the way papers report things. We will probably have to pay Palace the difference in a lump sum. City probably did the same thing with us. It's then called 'paying his wages' which it isn't.

I'm probably talking bollocks about instalments btw. It's just the way papers report things. We will probably have to pay Palace the difference in a lump sum. City probably did the same thing with us. It's then called 'paying his wages' which it isn't.

Too right Joe, wages are normally associated with the word earned.

We were. The full amount until it ended or he signed for another club. It's all over the Internet. Poch just wanted him out. You can't just say 'fuck off we're not paying you' unfortunately.
You can reach an agreement, pay him a lump-sum and so be it - many Contracts have been terminated by mutual consent in the past. Sorry, not buying this - not with Levy

We were. The full amount until it ended or he signed for another club. It's all over the Internet. Poch just wanted him out. You can't just say 'fuck off we're not paying you' unfortunately.

The other reason (other than being able to recoup some of the money you are contracted to pay) to do this is to have control over when and where the player goes........hence he's ended up at non-rival less than two working days after we've played them for the last time this season!...

The other reason (other than being able to recoup some of the money you are contracted to pay) to do this is to have control over when and where the player goes........hence he's ended up at non-rival less than two working days after we've played them for the last time this season!...
Could meet in the cup. That's been mentioned elsewhere though, but yes, remarkable timing.

Yannick BolasieVerified account‏@YannickBolasie
Say hello to our new signing! @E_Adebayor! Looking forward to playin alongside my bro! #CPFC
CZumIolWYAEDjmZ.jpg

I didn't know they were relate... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh:adeohshit::adewtf:

I'm actually genuinely pleased for Ade... when he first left the club, the toxic nature of his last few months had been removed, but now he's off the wage bill... the millstone has been lifted from around our (financial) necks finally...

Back
Top Bottom