Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like you were right! Apart from a few loyalists we all knew he was trouble, waste of space, still he is getting paid that's all he cares about.

:pochsmirk:
I was one of his biggest defenders because I thought that all the hatred was based on unproven speculation and often there was another reason for drops in form (family issues, depression, etc). But after a while, with repeated incidents and fallings out what more than one manager, and Ledley King's own words to me about him, I came very close to accepting that the rumours were probably true and he was indeed what people said he was because the one consistent element was of course him. Then a month or so ago I read this in which John McDermott pretty much confirms he was a bad apple.

Such a shame. He's such a talented player. To have such a poor attitude, to the extent that it has pretty much ruined his career, is very sad to see. I have sympathy for him if he has mental health issues, but then clubs can only offer so much support in that regard and he still has a responsibility to be honest with his employers if he cannot perform due to such issues.

I was one of his biggest defenders because I thought that all the hatred was based on unproven speculation and often there was another reason for drops in form (family issues, depression, etc). But after a while, with repeated incidents and fallings out what more than one manager, and Ledley King's own words to me about him, I came very close to accepting that the rumours were probably true and he was indeed what people said he was because the one consistent element was of course him. Then a month or so ago I read this in which John McDermott pretty much confirms he was a bad apple.

Such a shame. He's such a talented player. To have such a poor attitude, to the extent that it has pretty much ruined his career, is very sad to see. I have sympathy for him if he has mental health issues, but then clubs can only offer so much support in that regard and he still has a responsibility to be honest with his employers if he cannot perform due to such issues.

Care to expand?

CmS_iOKW8AUW0Ox.jpg

I wouldn't want this to sound at all racist or judgemental, but I've worked with people before who have been from some of the poorest African countries, who get a very very well paid job in the UK, and you'd think "wow, they must have a good work ethic as this must be an amazing opportunity for them", yet from those I worked with, it wasn't the case - the individuals involved would mostly be found texting or any other form of skiving, generally not acting very grateful for the opportunities in their lives, and if you question it, you're "racist".

(note, this is just a few people I've worked with, perhaps bad apples, and I'm not suggesting there aren't plenty of lads and lasses who put in some proper graft)

The Mrs also did some charity work helping to build houses and schools in places like Kenya, and she said that the local men all sat around and did nothing, like they were happy to let someone else just build the country for them.

I can't help but think that there's an element of "energy efficiency" in some sub-cultures where they just rely on someone in the family to earn the money, and the rest just leech. I actually think I've read that is the case in some countries. I mean, Adebayor's family read very much like that, and he seemed to lose all ability to care once he'd got a good wage, or had secured some sort of future.

Happy to discuss my experiences, prior to being cast as the Nigel Farage of TFC for exploring such a fragile subject.

Back
Top Bottom