Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Adebayor is in a panic because something to do with JuJu?
:adeohshit:

Whelan and Mackay are having a worse time with just half of that problem..

Man City paid part of his wages while he was here (don't know the full details)

I know there's some that still rate him, but I reckon it would be worth it just to get rid of him

I don't think its within Levy's nature to pay for him to play for another team, I think he'd prefer to just let him rot.
Personally I would say that we just pay him off, probably about 10 million would cover his contract. Give it to him then have him physically ejected from the stadium
But Levy surely must see the probs with having a player in the squad thats rotting and the disharmony it can cause? Isn't that part of the problem AVB had?
If he's deemed a bad egg, best to write it off and move on so he's not around in any capacity.

But look at other players in the same situation. Bentley, that South African centre-back, Assou-Ekotto. Levy's track record says that he prefers to let them rot. I think we should pay him off because if he is still on the books, when times get hard people will be tempted to call for giving him a game
True, but there's all sorts of personalities at play.
Some bad eggs keep to themselves and don't give a fuck. Happy to sit on the sidelines while not favoured by their management
Some spread gossip, bring others over to their point of view and cause disharmony. Happens in all workplaces.
Well, pay him off or pay part of his wage, seems we are on the same page.
Personally I'd like to see the back of him and think it would be a good thing for the team, but that's just my view

As much as I would like love to see Ade move on as quickly as possible, it seems he is more than happy just to take the weekly pay.

The question is is it worth terminating his contract at a substantial cost? Or do we simply freeze him out of the side/bench him and try bring him around to the fact that he has nowhere else to go career wise but down if he doesn't pick up his attitude?

If I'm going to be completely honest, I've never really liked him (except that celebration against Woolwich).

Unfortunately I just can't see any positives in having him included in the first 11 at this stage, or coming off the bench to try change a game if required.

The quality is there, he just doesn't seem to give a rats arse anymore, and having attitudes like that is shit for the dressing room.

Adebayor has a contract until the summer of 2016. He won't leave unless someone matches his wages, no one will match his wages. What do we do with him? Send him off to smoke some ganja with Assou-Ekotto?
You don't play him: Make him look like the cunt he is: Also send him to conduct coaching clinics in Liberia

can someone fill me in on what ade has actually done?
Fuck all. Problem is, he does that on the pitch and training ground.

Tell him he won't play. Loan him somewhere to get a percentage of his wage back and if he shines there, he'll get a decent club when his contract with us runs out. We get a bit of money back in and we get rid of his influence. He gets paid, gets to play and probably gets a decent level of club when he leaves us. Everyone's a winner.

Fuck all. Problem is, he does that on the pitch and training ground.

Tell him he won't play. Loan him somewhere to get a percentage of his wage back and if he shines there, he'll get a decent club when his contract with us runs out. We get a bit of money back in and we get rid of his influence. He gets paid, gets to play and probably gets a decent level of club when he leaves us. Everyone's a winner.
This is a good example of why they call the Scots canny!

Back
Top Bottom