Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we cant keep relying on him alone up front. Lets play 2 strikers and let them play for their places not hand a place to someone because he pledges his heart and soul to Tottenham that's crap.

You are preaching to the choir. I wanted Ade to play with Kane in the prem.

IMO Ade is the glue that will bring goals out of our young players, and will also weigh in with lots too.

But on the same note, Chadlis confused forward role should have been more than enough today. It wasn't. But like I said earlier, the knives come out faster for Ade.

It's why I blame Poch. I said before the game we are weak at defending and attacking set peices.

When defending a corner, Lamela should be ready for a COUNTER on the shoulder of the last defender that isn't attacking. He's the last fucking person in the world to have in the box defending a set piece. Also Rose gifted a free header too.

Soft Spurs incarnate. It's like using Ginola in defense. You just don't do it.

Until Poch starts winning the tactical battle, im not going to throw Ade, Lamrla, Vlad etc under the bus.

Last edited:
You are preaching to the choir. I wanted Ade to play with Kane in the prem.

IMO Ade is the glue that will bring goals out of our young players, and will also weigh in with lots too.

I
Soldado for me, Ade is for himself, still two strikers would be good!

Soldado for me, Ade is for himself, still two strikers would be good!

Soldado IMO invites soft Spurs. He didn't click with Eriksen, Lamela, Defoe etc and he went missing for half a season. You can't have powderpuffs like Rose, Lamela, Eriksen and Soldado weakening the spine. It's the type of thing that gets you those 3 or 5 goal hammerings.

Soldado needs SERIOUS beef behind him to make up for him not being able to win aerial battles, 5050s. Holding up the ball etc.

Kane is better suited for the prem. He is the type that would have helped defend the corner that led to the goal, plus attack the many set pieces we win.

When the team plays that shit, it really is pointless picking out one or two players and saying they should be replaced.

On yesterday, the only people that Id play next week are Lamela, Kaboul, Lennon and Lloris.

It was a bad team performance. It didnt highlight a need for any specific position, least of all a striker.

It highlighted the need to stop taking "lower" opposition lightly at home, which we have been doing for some years now.

WHL is an easy ground to come to. It was only ever a feared place in the last 25 years, for a couple of seasons when we were getting 4th. We are soft again, tactically.

Should just try something different. Even Chadli upfront. Even he himself said he likes playing there, he can hold the ball up, and actually jumps for the header. Maybe not a good idea for the aforementioned NLD. But surely people can see we are lacking some pace up there...

Edit:

Still can't believe we didn't go for Remy...

Should just try something different. Even Chadli upfront. Even he himself said he likes playing there, he can hold the ball up, and actually jumps for the header. Maybe not a good idea for the aforementioned NLD. But surely people can see we are lacking some pace up there...

Edit:

This is a good point. Chadli looks like our most composed finisher, so I wonder if he'd be good up front. Certainly worth a try in the Europa.

Can't be fucked off soon enough

Zero effort yesterday - made players like Berbatov and Teddy look like Gatusso in terms of work-rate

Soldado to start the next 4 PL games minimum and prove himself

5 games of this joker is enough

Last edited:
Can't be fucked off soon enough

Zero effort yesterday - made player like Berbatov and Teddy look like Gatusso in terms of workrate

Soldado to start the next 4 PL games minimum and prove himself
I can't see anyone buying Ade and paying the wages he'll expect.

I can see him just seeing out his contract and then heading off to the US with a nice little signing-on fee sweetener.

Edit:

I can't believe we didnt go for ANYONE. Our strikers have not scored in 4 games now (apart from Kane's OG)!!!

When youve been relying on your midfielders and wingers to get goals so far in the premier league games then it was only a matter of times when a game like yesterday happened.Adebayor at times is useless and other times great depends what mood hes in but blaming only him for yesterdays game is a bit unfair

On his day he's unplayable but those days don't come often enough anymore and you can't have a style revolving around every player pressing while carrying passengers. In terms of yesterday he can't be singled out, but in terms of the season so far he's certainly up there.

When it comes to Soldado I get why people are negative about him getting a run but he's the only one of our 3 "strikers" that hasn't had the chance, while the other 2 in the last 2 games have looked lazy as fuck.

I like Ade but I'm fucking sick of trying to make excuses for him to convince myself that he deserves to start. Watching him (and other supposed players) lumber around the pitch for years is starting to make me feel apathetic towards something I love and I fucking HATE that

It is a matter of opinion gibbs, you dont have to hit the 'disagree' button if it differs from yours.

This isn't a knee jerk post though, I posted the original comment before yesterday's game, and I am sure that in 3/4 games time Ade will go on another run of scoring/assisting for 3/4 games, before the inevitable shit run. What pissed me off most about him yesterday was when he had the ball on the left, tried some pathetic trick, dived and had a strop on the floor. Meanwhile the rest of the team were trying to press whilst Ade carried on like his primadona-narcissistic self

You are going to be even more dissapointed then..
I like to be a optimistic Tottenham supporter Sammy, but Ade did not leave me feeling that way at all yesterday. So playing Soldado has to be an improvement on yesterdays Ade effort. Lets hope he can rediscover his I love Tottenham mojo real soon.

I like to be a optimistic Tottenham supporter Sammy, but Ade did not leave me feeling that way at all yesterday. So playing Soldado has to be an improvement on yesterdays Ade effort. Lets hope he can rediscover his I love Tottenham mojo real soon.

It's the problem with one up front, if he's not firing then who is? (Hopefully one of the mid-fielders).

He usually gets it going for Woolwich....sometimes he gets it on too fucking much...

How can you want to drop Adebayor for the fucking North London Derby. You moan and complain that he doesn't give a fuck and want to drop him for the 1 game out of all 38 that he will genuinely be up for it. Use your heads lads.

hi-res-156577204_crop_north.jpg

Back
Top Bottom