Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was gonna come in here to post some ridiculous reactions to the official Twitter account on the subject so we could all point and laugh but fuck me it's actually happening in here. I'm struggling to wrap my mind round the idea that a Spurs player could get stick for contracting malaria.

Couldn't agree more.

However if I asked you before the statement from the club came out which player from the whole of our squad has contracted malaria in pre season?

I think yours and everyone else's answer would be " oh fuck, it's happening again, why Ade. . . . . . . whyyyyy?

:bentley:

I don't think I've read anyone say anything but "how can it be that a professional athlete of that value can get such an illness" - it just seems quite careless (whether that's from the club or the player's point of view).

I'm not aware of anyone saying he's lying - the only references have come from me as Sammy seems to think that any reference to Adebayor being injured last season is a lie (for no reason).
Now, Adebayor is ill and will miss the tour, it's ironic that it completely goes against everything he's said in the past 5 pages or so...

When AVB is manager and Adebayor is genuinely injured.....

Yep. The club lied...are you shocked and surprised that football clubs lie about players being injured sometimes to hide in politics, or transfers, or drug and gambling problems...? Like I said, your denial and naivety is a worry.

When AVB isnt manager and Adebayor is genuinely injured.....

Ade could get hit by a bus on live television and some of our fans would still think he was trying to get out of pre season. Beyond a fucking joke the stick he gets.

So, now he's going to miss the USA tour and won't be able to gain match fitness, he'll be behind the rest of the team in fitness (as he has to have 7 days off training after he's recovered apparently), and as the first team will be on the other side of the world, he'll no doubt have to train with the reserves/development team - sound familiar? I'm quite sure this won't apply...

Obviously, when you take into account he was banished from the first team even when fit, being sent to train with the youth team simply to protect him seems a bit far fetched.

Surprised there's many cherries left from all that harvest!

Couldn't agree more.

However if I asked you before the statement from the club came out which player from the whole of our squad has contracted malaria in pre season?

I think yours and everyone else's answer would be " oh fuck, it's happening again, why Ade. . . . . . . whyyyyy?

I reckon I'd probably guess our only African player who isn't at the World Cup

Hey ledders, you want to hit the disagree button, say it to my avatar
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme_122324.png

CJJ CJJ

And yet again, you assume that everything I said about Ade and AVB means exactly the same for Ade having malaria.

The world is not black and white CJJ.

This time Ade is ill.

Under AVB, he was fit, but dropped.

Compare the two all you like. I told you two days ago you had become a massive joke. Imagine what stage you are at now..

Poor old Ade. Can't even be sick with a serious illness without people having a go at him. I'm sure he went over to visit family in Africa thinking "I'll get myself a nice little dose of malaria to get out of pre season. That'll get me the next big money move I'm after". FFS.

Back
Top Bottom