Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about we cut the poor bastard some slack, wish him a speedy recovery & look forward to him sending Woolwich fans apoplectic with rage when he celebrates scoring a last minute winner for us, against them, at the library, right under their snivelling noses. I can dream can't I?

I see Ade has used the old malaria excuse for skipping pre season again this year lol :ade:

never gets old that one, he should just be coming into form for the start of the ACoN now :bae:

seriously though I hope the geezer gets his shit together and has a big season as he's likely staying and if Poch can get Lambert playing well he should beable to do wonders with Ade.

10288786_1541077052787648_376556879334592171_n.jpg

Ade: Great to be back in training with the boys. Feeling good, can't wait to get started

On his day/game Ade is a fantastic player. He's had a lot of bad shit to put up with, including seeing his team-mates gunned down. I can't even imagine how traumatic that must be.

Whether it's connected or not and whether it's justified or not, Ade can also be a divisive and disruptive figure. He never seems to complete a full, proper pre season. Again, there may be valid reasons and no-one can help getting ill or family tragedies but there have also been lengthy absences for no apparent reason.

We need a clean slate to start this season. Give him the support and love he needs and in return he must give us at least 30 top-notch performances, with plenty of goals and assists. Time for the talking on the pitch not on social media.

Here's hoping.

I see Ade has used the old malaria excuse for skipping pre season again this year lol :ade:

never gets old that one, he should just be coming into form for the start of the ACoN now :bae:

seriously though I hope the geezer gets his shit together and has a big season as he's likely staying and if Poch can get Lambert playing well he should beable to do wonders with Ade.
He needs to get a new hooker!!

He looked absolutely fucking exhausted at the end of the Celtic game. I was hoping he starts on the opener but that malaria obviously took him down a notch.

Ades preseasons are cursed.

On his day/game Ade is a fantastic player. He's had a lot of bad shit to put up with, including seeing his team-mates gunned down. I can't even imagine how traumatic that must be.

Whether it's connected or not and whether it's justified or not, Ade can also be a divisive and disruptive figure. He never seems to complete a full, proper pre season. Again, there may be valid reasons and no-one can help getting ill or family tragedies but there have also been lengthy absences for no apparent reason.

We need a clean slate to start this season. Give him the support and love he needs and in return he must give us at least 30 top-notch performances, with plenty of goals and assists. Time for the talking on the pitch not on social media.

Here's hoping.
I remember Woolwich singing 'it should've been you, shot in Angola, It should've been you'. I was shocked by that song, I didn't know I could hate them more, but it changed that. It also made be realize how much they hate him to resort to such a disgusting move. Which made me like him more. The fact that they hate him so much is a plus point.

I remember Woolwich singing 'it should've been you, shot in Angola, It should've been you'. I was shocked by that song, I didn't know I could hate them more, but it changed that. It also made be realize how much they hate him to resort to such a disgusting move. Which made me like him more. The fact that they hate him so much is a plus point.

That is appalling. The degree to which they react to being reminded they're just another mercenary club, and a shitty one at that, is just abhorrent.

The fact is, they said he stopped trying because he wanted to move. It was bullshit. He scored assloads on his last season with them. It's sour grapes.

He scored a good amount at city too.

Spurs fans hate him because he dominated us in his Woolwich days, and for Madrid he scored 2 goals to end our quater final champs league hopes (along with crouch).

So the hate is based on what he's supposed to do. Goals.

He broke gooner hearts leaving them. If you look beyond the headlines and sniping, he has half a million followers on Facebook. And it's not because of his looks. It's because he is a football force and we need to get behind him.

Back
Top Bottom