Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading the official Spurs release I boggle a little. How can Malaria be "a mild bout"? Ok, so it was caught early but excuse my ignorance, isn't that like saying a "slight loss of a limb" or a "minor case of brain damage"?

"Just a flesh wound"
monty_python_2__limbless_black_knight.jpg

It's not my denial and naivety, you're saying that the club backed Adebayor, then the next you're saying that the club lied about Adebayor being injured?

They backed Adebayor when AVB walked. They had no reason to pretend he was still injured.

As I said, clubs lie to hide things all the time. I guess they didnt want us to look more pathetic than we already did, by not giving a reason to play a desperately needed striker.

You seem to have gone so far full circle that you are almost at the point where you are about to claim that AVB never sidelined Ade for any other reason than he was injured....?

Are you now implying that there was no issue between the two...? Laughable.

Reading the official Spurs release I boggle a little. How can Malaria be "a mild bout"? Ok, so it was caught early but excuse my ignorance, isn't that like saying a "slight loss of a limb" or a "minor case of brain damage"?

"Just a flesh wound"
monty_python_2__limbless_black_knight.jpg

I think there are different types with different levels of severity - a bit like calling a little sniffle 'flu when some types of full on influenza can kill you

Uncomplicated Malaria
The classical (but rarely observed) malaria attack lasts 6-10 hours. It consists of:
  • a cold stage (sensation of cold, shivering)
  • a hot stage (fever, headaches, vomiting; seizures in young children)
  • and finally a sweating stage (sweats, return to normal temperature, tiredness)
Classically (but infrequently observed) the attacks occur every second day with the “tertian” parasites (P. falciparum, P. vivax, and P. ovale) and every third day with the “quartan” parasite (P. malariae).
More commonly, the patient presents with a combination of the following symptoms:
  • Fever
  • Chills
  • Sweats
  • Headaches
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Body aches
  • General malaise.
In countries where cases of malaria are infrequent, these symptoms may be attributed to influenza, a cold, or other common infections, especially if malaria is not suspected. Conversely, in countries where malaria is frequent, residents often recognize the symptoms as malaria and treat themselves without seeking diagnostic confirmation (“presumptive treatment”).
Physical findings may include:
  • Elevated temperature
  • Perspiration
  • Weakness
  • Enlarged spleen.
In P. falciparum malaria, additional findings may include:
  • Mild jaundice
  • Enlargement of the liver
  • Increased respiratory rate.
Diagnosis of malaria depends on the demonstration of parasites on a blood smear examined under a microscope. In P. falciparum malaria, additional laboratory findings may include mild anemia, mild decrease in blood platelets (thrombocytopenia), elevation of bilirubin, elevation of aminotransferases, albuminuria, and the presence of abnormal bodies in the urine (urinary “casts”).

Once you carry the disease it never goes away, he could have first contracted it decades ago.

That's not entirely true. It depends on which strain he has.

Source (cdc.gov):
If I get malaria, will I have it for the rest of my life?
No, not necessarily. Malaria can be treated. If the right drugs are used, people who have malaria can be cured and all the malaria parasites can be cleared from their body. However, the disease can continue if it is not treated or if it is treated with the wrong drug. Some drugs are not effective because the parasite is resistant to them. Some people with malaria may be treated with the right drug, but at the wrong dose or for too short a period of time.
Two types (species) of parasites, Plasmodium vivax and P. ovale, have liver stages and can remain in the body for years without causing sickness. If not treated, these liver stages may reactivate and cause malaria attacks ("relapses") after months or years without symptoms. People diagnosed with P. vivax or P. ovale are often given a second drug to help prevent these relapses. Another type of malaria, P. malariae, if not treated, has been known to stay in the blood of some people for several decades.
However, in general, if you are correctly treated for malaria, the parasites are eliminated and you are no longer infected with malaria.

If he was playing up and we wanted to hide it, we would have said he had a muscle injury. The guy has been in hospital, if we were lying it would be fairly straightforward to expose for a journo looking for a "Tottenham in turmoil" story

If he was playing up and we wanted to hide it, we would have said he had a muscle injury. The guy has been in hospital, if we were lying it would be fairly straightforward to expose for a journo looking for a "Tottenham in turmoil" story

Ade could get hit by a bus on live television and some of our fans would still think he was trying to get out of pre season. Beyond a fucking joke the stick he gets.

i don't think anyone thinks that, i think Sammy just doesn't understand sarcasm when someone reiterates his own points.

he's doing a great job of making his own point look daft, mind

i don't think anyone thinks that, i think Sammy just doesn't understand sarcasm when someone reiterates his own points.

he's doing a great job of making his own point look daft, mind

Not really. As I said, because I think the club lied to cover AVBs inept management, it doesnt mean they are lying now.

They have no reason to lie...they did before. The world is not black and white CJJ.

And how can you say "i don't think anyone thinks that", when people have just said they dont believe it in this very thread?

Last edited:
I was gonna come in here to post some ridiculous reactions to the official Twitter account on the subject so we could all point and laugh but fuck me it's actually happening in here. I'm struggling to wrap my mind round the idea that a Spurs player could get stick for contracting malaria.

Back
Top Bottom